[LIVE] Install to HDD and LVM
Hello all,

I've got xbmc 10 running on an Ubuntu 10.10 system at the moment. Ubuntu is set up on top of an LVM. In order to streamline the experience and make xbmc more responsive I want to wipe the /boot /home and / LVM partitions and install Live. The reason for not dropping the bomb and starting fresh is I don't want to have to rebuild my media library on the /data partition.

I've been playing with this setup on a virtualbox VM. I cannot get Live to boot after install if LVM is used to partition the drives, I get a:

/dev/vg-mapper/vg is not accessible (or the message is something like that)

In the VM even if I wipe both virtual disks and use the guided setup from the installer it still will not work.

Is there a trick I'm not getting or is LVM on the Live disk not supported? If it's unsupported can I get the same experience installing Ubuntu Mini and adding the xbmc-standalone package?

Any help would be appreciated.
I really hate to do the bump thing but I'd like to tackle this on the weekend if I can get it to work.

Anyone have experience with LVM and Live?
Sorry, this is not to get your hopes up! But i also strugled with this in 9.11 live cd. And now with 10.04 i get a simmular error. So i hope this is a little bump so that some LVM / XBMC Live guru can shed some light on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Install to HDD and LVM0