Auto start movie in Video section
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before. Is there a way that when browsing the video's in XBMC, that when you navigate into a folder that contains a VIDEO_TS folder that contains a VIDEO_TS.IFO folder, the system will automatically start playing the movie instead of forcing the user to open the VIDEO_TS and then VIDEO_TS.IFO files?

I have been setting up video servers for some of my friends and relatives who are not very computer savy and would like to make it simpler for them.

Thanks in advance.
Using library mode would probably be the best way to fix this. File view is (obviously) designed for browsing through files and I wouldn't want it to attempt any automatic clever tricks when opening folders.

JR
Or just press play on the folder
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi Again,

A few days I downloaded and installed the latest XBMC for windows for a friends system and it works the way I want it to, i.e. it does not expect me to click into video_ts and click on the video.inf file. But the version I have on ubuntu does not do that. How do I turn on that feature on my ubuntu installation. I have version 2:10.1-ppa1-maverick installed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto start movie in Video section0