[LINUX] memory leak in Dharma?
Hello,

I have xbmc (Dharma) configured to display my pictures as the screensaver (there are lots of pictures over 10 years worth on there). What I am finding is that when xbmc is first started (as a service under Ubuntu 10.10) it reports ~0.5 Gig of memory being used, but over the next 24 hours, that creeps up every couple of seconds.

Montioring the process using top, I see the VIRT and RES memory inching upwards, right now, approximately 3 hours after having restarted it, the VIRT is up at 1142m and the RES at 675m. The last time I stopped it, both were in the couple of gigs range. Since I started writing this, the VIRT is now up to 1234m and RES of 724m (although there are variances as it goes up and down, just that it trends upwards).

I need do nothing to it apart from leaving it running and eventually it will use all available memory (or crash).

Has anyone else seen this?

Cheers,
David
For what it is worth, after 24 hours, top is reporting 4127m of VIRT and 3.3g of RES memory.

Sad
Does the same thing happen when disabling the screensaver?
No it doesn't; it appears localised to the screensaver when it is displaying random pictures from my pictures folder.
This happens on the windows version too. The normal slideshow seems to do the same thing, al be it at a slower pace than the screensaver.

In my case (W7 64bit, xbmc 10.0) xbmc freezes on a black/grey screen after consuming 1,5GB of memory. This is after running for about 3 hours on the screensaver. I'm testing the normal picture slideshow at the moment. After turning off the picture screensaver the freeze doesn't happen.

Do you have a debug log too compare?
FYI, i seem to be getting this too, but i've got 2 pc's and one with a nvidia gpu locks up with massive memory usage, the ati one doesnt seem to or is at least much slower.
I've recently gotten a new laptop which has an ati card, i'll try it on that one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] memory leak in Dharma?0