• 43(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
Jason,

Thanks for getting back to me again. Like I said in my previous post, PTV seems to work fine in every other skin I have now tried. I think it is a problem with the Influence skin. I am hoing that someone else will try out the Influence skin to verify my findings.

Mark
I just tried the skin and didn't get that problem. I did see an issue with the info window being wrong once and the error log shows quite a few errors related to the skin, but the selected show does play. What version of the skin are you running? I used 1.2.1.
Hi Jason, just to confirm, my pretanatural TV channel is now randomly selecting one tv program from each TV show using the playlist i originally created using the stable pre. Excellent work Smile Was i supposed to see new options in the plugin setup ? As they are the same.

Hoping you can soon combine the channel logo branch with this addon as we love how we can make our own channels, complete with transparent always on logo Smile
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
danz0l Wrote:Hi Jason, just to confirm, my pretanatural TV channel is now randomly selecting one tv program from each TV show using the playlist i originally created using the stable pre. Excellent work Smile Was i supposed to see new options in the plugin setup ? As they are the same.

Hoping you can soon combine the channel logo branch with this addon as we love how we can make our own channels, complete with transparent always on logo Smile

Are you using the method I outlined or a different method?
jtucker1972 using your method worked! Thanks!
jtucker1972 Wrote:Are you using the method I outlined or a different method?

The same method i originally tried jtucker. I just added each TV show i wanted to include in the smartplaylist and did random order.

Before it behaved as i outlined, selecting one tv series after another. With Jasons new stable pre however it has now reset all the channels and the pretanatural TV channel now seems randomised.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
Jason102 Wrote:I just tried the skin and didn't get that problem. I did see an issue with the info window being wrong once and the error log shows quite a few errors related to the skin, but the selected show does play. What version of the skin are you running? I used 1.2.1.

Jason,

Just to make sure that we are doing the same thing. Start PTV in Influence, then try scrolling up or down to select another channel. Once the new channel is selected, then try to move forward one or two shows. That is when it happens to me. I was also using 1.2.1

Thanks,
Mark
danz0l Wrote:The same method i originally tried jtucker. I just added each TV show i wanted to include in the smartplaylist and did random order.

Before it behaved as i outlined, selecting one tv series after another. With Jasons new stable pre however it has now reset all the channels and the pretanatural TV channel now seems randomised.

Just take note that if you have a new series with only a few episodes and older series with several seasons of episodes, that you are more likely to get only 1 of the newer to several of the older. Also, your original playlist did not set a limit on the number of episodes to return. This is good and bad. Good in that it distributes the shows better for you, but bad in that it returns a lot of data which can slow XBMC down. That's why I created the single episode method as well as it can allow you to control which shows appear in which order.
jtucker1972 Wrote:Just take note that if you have a new series with only a few episodes and older series with several seasons of episodes, that you are more likely to get only 1 of the newer to several of the older. Also, your original playlist did not set a limit on the number of episodes to return. This is good and bad. Good in that it distributes the shows better for you, but bad in that it returns a lot of data which can slow XBMC down. That's why I created the single episode method as well as it can allow you to control which shows appear in which order.

Yes very good point. If i limit to one per tv show, will that change as time shift changes ? So say at 4pm i have a star trek (original series) followed by say a star trek next generation and so forth and so forth, when i check again at 9pm, will it regenerate the playlist for another random show from those tv series ? Not quite sure i understand the concepts yet of smart playlists and pseudoTV's use of them.

BTW really missing your channel overlay addon on the latest stable pre. Even my wife asked why it wasn't on LOL Seems a big hit as she loves her pretanatural TV channel, its something shes wanted for years. We have happily sat today and watched our startrek channel, pretty amazing.

Well done Jason and all the others contributing to such an amazing addon.
-= My Media Centre =-
I just read what i put and its not entirely clear what I mean so heres another attempt.

Say i have 6 TV shows and limit to 1 episode from each. The TV shows run for approx 60 minutes each, so thats a theoretical 6 hours. Now say i run PseudoTV at 4pm, at 10 is the entire channel going to loop ? So taking my mixed playlists for startrek

StarTrek TV
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>StarTrek TV</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Star Trek</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Star Trek The Next Generation</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Star Trek: Deep Space Nine</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Star Trek: Enterprise</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Star Trek: Voyager</rule>
</smartplaylist>
StarTrek Movies
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>StarTrek Movies</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="title" operator="contains">startrek</rule>
<rule field="title" operator="contains">star trek</rule>
</smartplaylist>

My Mixed play list currently stands at
<smartplaylist type="mixed">
<name>StarTrek TV &amp; Film</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">StarTreak Movies.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">StarTrek TV.xsp</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

So on the assumption of 60 minutes per show, and obviously 90 minutes + per film, should i be limiting to 25 ?

Something like

Quote:<limit>25</limit>

Having Pseudo TV update every day ? And do i put the limit in the mixed or individual playlists ?
-= My Media Centre =-
For my Star Trek Channel, I no limit and have Pseudo update every day. Rarely get repeats. Plus it's 42~ min a show (except TOS ~50) and Star Trek Insurection is the shortest movie at 103 min. I know it doesn't change anything, just an FYI.

I can also share my custom Start Trek TV channel Icon if you or anyone else is interested.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Star Trek TV</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Voyager</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: The Next Generation</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Enterprise</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Deep Space Nine</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek</rule>
</smartplaylist>

That's what I use.

Edit: After looking over yours you don't have random turned on, so youre going to get the same episodes each day.
zepfan Wrote:For my Star Trek Channel, I no limit and have Pseudo update every day. Rarely get repeats. Plus it's 42~ min a show (except TOS ~50) and Star Trek Insurection is the shortest movie at 103 min. I know it doesn't change anything, just an FYI.

I can also share my custom Start Trek TV channel Icon if you or anyone else is interested.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Star Trek TV</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Voyager</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: The Next Generation</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Enterprise</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Deep Space Nine</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek</rule>
</smartplaylist>

That's what I use.

Edit: After looking over yours you don't have random turned on, so youre going to get the same episodes each day.

My Random is on the mixed ( as its a startrek movies & tv show channel) and seems to works well.

Was going to upload my startrek TV icon to see what you thought, but no attachments allowed here Sad Would love to see yours.
-= My Media Centre =-
danz0l Wrote:My Random is on the mixed ( as its a startrek movies & tv show channel) and seems to works well.

Was going to upload my startrek TV icon to see what you thought, but no attachments allowed here Sad Would love to see yours.

Just take a screen shot, submit it to http://imgur.com/ and paste the link here.

Star Trek:

Stargate:

Also, I'm almost done with my transparency skin.
Are there channel numbers in the guide? Not seeing them for some reason.... Using confluence and stable pre
zepfan Wrote:Just take a screen shot, submit it to http://imgur.com/ and paste the link here.
Hmmmmmmmmm i cant take a screenshot as my xbmc is a linux box and i have no clue how LOL

Heres the logo i'm using though

BTW great idea on the Stargate channel, hadn't thought of that one Smile
-= My Media Centre =-
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25