Airport Disk and Share over WAN disables SMB access to disk from XBMC
Sad 
I've been using XBCM on my AppleTV for a while now, feeding it using Airport Disks. I've discovered that if I check the box to "Share the disk over the WAN" on Airport Utility effectively disables SMB access to the disks within XBMC. I can still connect to them from any Mac doing an "smb://[airport extreme ip]/[disk name]", but XBMC cannot connect to it, either through SMB or Zeroconf.

Unchecking the box makes the available instantly. Any ideas on how to fix this?
I actually didn't know that unchecking the Sharing Disk over WAN allowed XBMC access. I'm having the same exact problem. I use ATV and keep all my files on my Time Capsule (Airport Disk). I keep getting Operation Not Permitted errors when trying to access my Airport Disk. I hope there is a fix or answer.
HI,

Did you manage to find a fix for this. I would like to enable WAN so I can access my files remotely but xbmc still won't connect once it's enabled
hmmm. It shouldn't do that. Make sure your firmware is up to date (as of 5/15/11 should be 7.5.2). Have you tried remapping the source after you made the change? you could also try routing it to the public ip of the Airport Extreme. Or if you have a DynDNS or similar setup you could try your hostname.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airport Disk and Share over WAN disables SMB access to disk from XBMC0