possible to set AC3 max bit rate?
Videos recorded with AC3 640Kb skips on my receiver but DTS audio with a much higher bit rate plays fine. It's an old Sony receiver from 2002. Is there any way in XBMC to set the max bit rate for AC3 audio streams?

Thanks
No one?
AFAIK that is not possible, XBMC simply sends the original AC3 stream unaltered to your receiver.
ac3 has a max bitrate of 640kbit.
Some old receivers don't handle anything above 448kbit/s - there were a number of DVDs (music mainly - eg the Pulse DVD) that came with 2 AC3 tracks for this reason.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I don't understand it but DTS plays fine and the bitrate is much higher. It's an old Sony Receiver from 2003 str-de885. Never had a problem until now but luckily, not too many people are using AC3.
I also have problem with AC3 passthrough with a Sony STR-DB1070 receiver running on Windows 7.
It seems that some movies with AC3 work and others don't. The not working ones causes audio stutter and the blue led on front is blinking as it recognize the stream as Dolby Digital and then loses "sync/connection".
Most problem seem to be with 5.1 ac3 @ 640 kbps but as stated earlier some movies with the same audio bitrate works...:confused2:

DTS is working flawless.

It seems that most people having problem use an older Sony Receiver and the problem occurs on multiple platforms.Both on Windows, IOS & Boxee.

On Boxee the problem is supposed to be solved according to:
http://forums.boxee.tv/showpost.php?p=18...stcount=76
Another thread about IOS problem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93487

Any ideas?
You basically have 3 choices:
- recode XBMC
- recode the movie(s)
- upgrade your receiver

Sorry, but it's all coded in unless a dev wants to program for a fairly old receiver, then the skinners add the options, etc.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-01-13, 22:05)DDDamian Wrote: You basically have 3 choices:
- recode XBMC
- recode the movie(s)
- upgrade your receiver

Sorry, but it's all coded in unless a dev wants to program for a fairly old receiver, then the skinners add the options, etc.
I upgraded the receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
possible to set AC3 max bit rate?0