ION box or Build it myself?
i hope it does,,, because you might end-up with an anemic systems,,,
Why not get the Biostar A880G+ mobo? read the reviews that people are having luck unlocking the cpu with it.... its $10 bucks more?
Yeah the more I was thinking about it I should probably just not buy a case of beer this weekend and use that whole $20 to buy the dual core. I start getting in penny pinching mode and then regret it later on when I'm pulling my hair out on a build. Hahaha. Good idea with that mobo though, seems better all the way around.
Glad you changed your mine natepalm
sorry if this is considered thread hijacking - then again it pertains to the parts recommended.

@ eskro
are all these parts you recommended a no hassle install with ubuntu? not that i don't mind tinkering, i'm just wondering how much i'll have to do to get everything working. the one thing i'm kind of on the edge about is that Sentey case. one review on newegg marks it that it's not a 450 watt psu.

i had an old dell gx520 just drop it's hard drive me on me from a windows xp/xbmc install.
right now i'm running two different xbmc installs off of bootable 8gig microsd cards.

as a cost measure, since i will be only running xbmc over ubuntu, can i skip the SSD cost and continue using my microsd cards after i reinstall everything on them?
pixeldotz Wrote:are all these parts you recommended a no hassle install with ubuntu?

For 100% no hassle in Ubuntu drop down to a GT210.

This is best HTPC now (low cost, low power, high performance )

http://www.engadget.com/tag/fusion,zacate
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
well see what the price will be....

but the ASROCK 3D VISION is hard to beat
eskro Wrote:Like i said, if your not into 3D,
go with the RADEON 5XXX series cards...
they dont support 3D, because they have HDMI 1.3 ports,
but heck, if your not planning on using 3D, why pay more for the GT430?

ATI / AMD 5000 series have HDMI 1.4 port. I have one and 3D works just fine. GT430 is good card but i never liked Nvidia and their problems with HDMI black levels and audio.
Just wanted to drop back in and give a big thanks to poofy and eskro for the advice and input. Got the HTPC built today and couldn't be happier. I ended up gambling on the sempron ( I know I know) and it unlocked to dual core no sweat. Thing plays everything flawlessly. Thanks again guys. What an awesome forum!
anytime natepalm Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ION box or Build it myself?0