Movie order
Hello, I have a quick question.
Is it possible to have some of my movies listed by order of sequels rather than alphabetic order? For example, I'd like to have Meet the parents before Meet the fockers but right now it's the other way around Sad
Thanks.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
ArieS Wrote:Hello, I have a quick question.
Is it possible to have some of my movies listed by order of sequels rather than alphabetic order? For example, I'd like to have Meet the parents before Meet the fockers but right now it's the other way around Sad
Thanks.

Yes, you can use nfo files with the <sorttitle> field.
I tried and it's not working. Here's what I added at the end of the nfo:

<movie>
<title>Meet the parents</title>
<set>Meet the parents Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Meet the parents 1</sorttitle>
</movie>

And for the 2nd movie:

<movie>
<title>Meet the fockers</title>
<sorttitle>Meet the parents 2</sorttitle>
</movie>

I removed both movies from my library, started XBMC to make sure they were not here anymore. Added them back to my library, started XBMC and they are still like before, Meet the fockers, Meet the parents.
Any idea?
Just to ask, your nfo's are stored with the movie? Your set shows up in the library with these 2 movies inside it? And, if you out the left menu while in the set, the sort by is set to "name" and the little arrow to the right of "name" is pointing upward?

Just to let you know, you don't have to delete the movie in the library if the nfo is stored in the movie, just need to go into movie info and do a refresh.
The nfo's are stored with the movies. The movies are not in individuals folders.
Actually, I don't see a set in the Library, I just see the individual movies in alphabetic order.
Do I need to have the 2 movies in 1 folder named Meet the parents Collection ?
You don't need the movie in the same folder. Double check that your <set> has the exact same thing in it for each movie. Anything different will not create a set, they have to be exactly the same.

When they are correct and refreshed, and you are in the Library view, not file view, they should only appear as a set and not individually.
Tight_wad Wrote:You don't need the movie in the same folder. Double check that your <set> has the exact same thing in it for each movie. Anything different will not create a set, they have to be exactly the same.
Like the 2 nfo's I posted above? They seemed correct, right?
Also, I don't know if it matters but my movies are named:
Meet the parents.bluray.mkv
Meet the fockers.bluray.mkv
ArieS Wrote:Here's what I added at the end of the nfo:

<movie>
<title>Meet the parents</title>
<sorttitle>Meet the parents 1</sorttitle>
</movie>

And for the 2nd movie:

<movie>
<title>Meet the fockers</title>
<sorttitle>Meet the parents 2</sorttitle>
</movie>

You say you added it to the end of the nfo does this mean you already had nfo's because if so you wont want to be adding the movie tag again <movie>*</movie> that will already be in the nfo

BTW you don't need to remove them from your library just refresh every title in the set
Thank you all for your help, it worked. You guys are great!
Thank you all, this really helped me out.

I have also found that if you do not want them in a collection folder you can leave off the <set>Your Movie Collection</set> from ArieS post but keep everything else the same.

Once you do that your movies will show up in your normal play list in the order you want. This is great for someone like me who has a lot of trilogies and collections but want to keep them in plain sight without going into another folder.

Thanks again,
Furron

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie order0