[iPhone] For those having trouble adding a SMB share
I have added a smb to iPad ( don't work) and now I can't delete it.
Were is the source XML file on iPad? maybe I can delete the source file from there
Using cyberduck.
Funny thing add same smb on ATV2 and it works fine.
Fixed it
thehankstar Wrote:I had the same issue and after deleting Windows Live Sign-in Assistant it worked for me immediately. Their is some conflict between the software and the sharing components.

Try this if you are still having trouble and I'm betting it will fix it...

Fixed my issue also. MSN is evil!
Big Grin 
Slipx Wrote:I can confirm this problem. Even tried setting up a non password protected share. Still cant connect

EDIT: Its working

Windows 7 (x64) users : You must uninstall Windows Live Sign-in Assistant for sharing to work. Reasons are unclear as why you need to do that.

Im using Windows 7 (x64) and have this problem, I dont have Windows Live Sign-in Assistant installed tho. Had this problem for a long time on my mac but worked around it with ftp, rly want to solve this and i have even reinstalled my pc (not for that reason so i havnt test with 0 applications installed so it migth be some other application for me)
Help pls Smile

Edit: Solved by remove Windows Live Essentials. (Did only have Photo gallery and Movimaker)

Now im happy again Laugh
kalifornia Wrote:I have added a smb to iPad ( don't work) and now I can't delete it.
Were is the source XML file on iPad? maybe I can delete the source file from there
No idea where the .xml file is. It is not in the userdata folder.

However, I did figure out how to delete sources. In xbmc, double tap a source to bring up the context menu. Can edit/delete a source from there.
**********FIX**********
I struggled with this problem for hours and did lots of searching online to find a way around this problem.

Like it has been reported by several users, Windows Live breaks SMB shares. As soon as I uninstalled Windows Live essentials, my shares worked and XBMC no longer asked for a user name and password when I was browsing for shares. But like alot of people I need Windows Live installed because I used MSN Messenger and Windows Live Mail. Ok anyways I will cut to the chase.

I reinstalled Windows Live (my shares were instantly broken again), then I Windows Share Manager and selected Sharing Registy Fix in the program and rebooted - All Fixed! and I still get to use MSN Messenger/Windows Live.

Here's a link to where I got the program plus a youtube video:
http://www.xtreamer.net/downloads/commun...nager.aspx

Heres the program:
http://download.xtreamer.net/utilities/W...ger1.2.zip

ENJOY!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPhone] For those having trouble adding a SMB share0