• 10(current)
[AppleTV2] HOW-TO to enable AC3 and DTS output for Apple TV 2
I think I'm going to reset the whole system with the released 4.3.1 iOS and start from scratch. In checking my settings in NitoTV for XBMC for ATV2 it states 10.0-0 then in opening the install it states 10.0-7. I don't know what is going on.

Thanks for all your help and I'm so sorry for the trouble.
6corewhore Wrote:I think I'm going to reset the whole system with the released 4.3.1 iOS and start from scratch. In checking my settings in NitoTV for XBMC for ATV2 it states 10.0-0 then in opening the install it states 10.0-7. I don't know what is going on.

Thanks for all your help and I'm so sorry for the trouble.

If you go to the main screen of XBMC and go down to 'System' and click the right arrow on the apple remote it should show an option for 'system info'.

Click on that and you can find the exact xbmc build you are running.
dtviewer Wrote:If you go to the main screen of XBMC and go down to 'System' and click the right arrow on the apple remote it should show an option for 'system info'.

Click on that and you can find the exact xbmc build you are running.

OK I'm an idiot. I figured out the issue. I didn't realize that holding the select/main button down brings up a menu for audio/video/etc settings. Apparently XBMC defaults to the stereo audio layer, so I was able to select the AC3 layer and it seemed to be perfect. Now I can drag and drop converted m4v's via Finder into my "Time Capsule" HDD attached to my aTV 2 and access my media.

I cannot believe I missed this fact. Thanks guys for all your help!
This is working fine for me thru HDMI to an Onkyo reciever. Well AC3 is, I haven't tested DTS yet
AC3 passthrough working on 4.3.1? Are you sure?
No on 4.2.1 it is working
hi,
did anyone get this sorted?
my 5.1 through optical used to to work, now im hearing a loud clicking noise.
is there a way to fix this?
thank you
Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed the May 2nd release of 'latest_atv2.deb' from Keith and I still get static, when streaming DVD ISO's with AC3 or DTS. The audio is fine when playing stuff in MP3 stereo.

My Apple TV 2 (running iOS 4.3) is connected to my 7.1 Denon receiver through HDMI and the video is passed to the TV by another HDMI cable from the receiver.

I'm totally new to the XBMC scene, but a 7-year veteran when it comes to mediacenters and I've got to say, when coming from a Popcorn Hour, most everything in XBMC on Apple TV 2 works REALLY well and smooth - besides the surround-audio for now.

My hat's of to the devs!

Cheers.
I thought I'd read bit about bug-reporting on XBMC, so here goes...

Hardware: Apple TV 2 connected to Denon AVR-2808 receiver with HDMI
Software: iOS 4.3.1 (4.2.1)
Build: Mac OS X (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1). Built on May 2 2011 (Git:20110430-f5e63e6)
Install method: using wget and dpkg
XBMC.log: http://pastebin.com/f7ASJ8Mf
Steps to reproduce: Playing an DVD ISO with AC3 or DTS audio

Hope this helps.

Cheers
aarfing Wrote:I thought I'd read bit about bug-reporting on XBMC, so here goes...

Hardware: Apple TV 2 connected to Denon AVR-2808 receiver with HDMI
Software: iOS 4.3.1 (4.2.1)
Build: Mac OS X (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1). Built on May 2 2011 (Git:20110430-f5e63e6)
Install method: using wget and dpkg
XBMC.log: http://pastebin.com/f7ASJ8Mf
Steps to reproduce: Playing an DVD ISO with AC3 or DTS audio

Hope this helps.

Cheers

See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=788...tcount=197
Great post too btw, too bad its a known issue we can't do much about yet, but all the help we can get for AE testing would be awesome.
keith Wrote:See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=788...tcount=197
Great post too btw, too bad its a known issue we can't do much about yet, but all the help we can get for AE testing would be awesome.

I'm ready to help you test - no problem. Just tell me what to do, and I'll start sending you logs. Also, I'm new here so when you say AE, I'm guessing it's short for Audio Engine?
Don't know what went wrong with my last post, but it never seemed to get posted - something about being moderated... Oh well, what I wrote was, that I'd be happy to help with som testing og sending of logs. And I'm guessing that AE means Audio Engine?
It might do that until you have a certain amount of posts, some forums do.

I would like to help out but from what I understand from Keith's post you need a Mac connected to HDMI.

The only Mac I have is an old white Macbook which I only use for jailbreaking the aTV2 :p, my desktop machines are running Windows and Ubuntu, so unless I install Hackintosh I don't think I can help.
scratch sounds with apple tv2 using optical out on yamaha rx 1900. Witch pc the receiver show dts plus all used speakers in the receiver display. With hdmi the receive shows only 2 speakers and with optical out scratch sound. with hdmi and optical scrath when using ac3
scratch sounds with apple tv2 using optical out on yamaha rx 1900. Witch pc the receiver show dts plus all used speakers in the receiver display. With hdmi the receive shows only 2 speakers and with optical out scratch sound. with hdmi and optical scrath when using ac3. i am using also mainlobby, mlserver, homeseer and irtrans. i want to change it to xbmc because is more simple. but until now i have several problem. me be some one can give a little bit help.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] HOW-TO to enable AC3 and DTS output for Apple TV 21