[ALL] - Prevent XBMC crash when MySQL server is unreachable
Hey guys,

So I got XBMC running on multiple PCs in the house, and I have my thumbnails folder linked up in dropbox for syncing across all platforms (including openelec, which was a toughie! but that's for another time).

Anyway, one of the PCs that runs XBMC is a laptop. When I am not at home, and I fire up XBMC, it either crashes or might as well crash since it cannot link up w/ the MySQL server that I have specified in my advancedsettings.xml file.

Is there any way to make it so that if XBMC is fired up and it cannot connect to the MySQL server, that it doesn't crash and is usable without having to rename the advancedsettings.xml file? At school I often want to show off the interface somewhat and I often forget to rename the advancedsettings.xml file before doing so.

I know this is a relatively minor issue, and the devs have far larger items on their plate, but I am hoping for a simple solution.
It should never crash. Grab a debug log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'll post one tomorrow when I'm away from my LAN again (and have turned in my HW that I should be working on as we speak).
Quote:It should never crash. Grab a debug log.

Quick question, as i never tryed, when Mysql lib is not reachable, does it fallback to sqlite automatically ? Or it just deactivate library mode ?

Falling back should be a good behavior to handle home vs outside usage without setting some profiles.
It falls back.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sign up for a no-ip.org redirect and then port forward to 3306. Setup the advancedsettings.xml on the laptop to reflect http://<username>.no-ip.org and the new port you established to forward to 3306.
You can still establish a database connection from any location.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALL] - Prevent XBMC crash when MySQL server is unreachable0