Not abled to compile XBMC anymore
Hi,

I've got a problem, getting XBMC to work, and hope you could help me solving this Issue

I had several Revisions of XBMC working on this machine. Last working Version was Dharma, which I compiled a few weeks ago.

Now I screwed something up (don't know exactly what as I have not used this machine for a while...) and I can not compile Dharma or the lates git revision anymore. (I tried to compile the latest revision, as there is the cool new Video-Shifting feature, after that I tried to compile Dharma again...)

Although this is probably not an XBMC bug, I thought you may help me figure out what the problem is.

So now to the facts:
Distribution is Debian Squeeze i686

XBMC is either out of the Dharma-Source-Tarball, or via "git clone", both Versions produce the same error.

./bootstrap runs without any errors
configure also runs without errors.
problem occures when trying to make...

I put the errors on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/fWtqBjJL

What I've tried: Googleing arround with no solution Sad, Reinstalling mesa-glu, mesa-gl and mesa-glew (binary and dev-packages), rebooting, reinstalling nvidia-drivers

Thanks for your help.

greetz
messyo

PS: Excuse my poor English Wink
Try "git clean -xfd" and "git reset --hard", then recompile.
This will remove all non versioned files and revert all local changes, so make sure you won't have anything you want to keep stored in the xbmc source directory.
Thanks for your reply.

No, same error occures.
Should not be related to the current git-revision, as the same error also occurs when trying to compile xbmc out of the dharma-tarball
Can you edit emu_kernel32.cpp and put "#include system.h" at the top of the file.
i put "#include <system.h>" at the top.

but this also did not solve the problem Sad
So, now it compiles (not done yet, so i'll wait before i cheer Wink).

What I've done: Googled for gl.h until i found a recent version to download. Downloaded it to /usr/include/GL

Mh... any Debian Sqeeze user here, who could send me his gl.h? (unfortunately its my only Debian-Machine)

Just wondering how i could caused this problem, as i was not messing arround with this stuff...
Hi,

can you pastbin those files:
/usr/include/GL/gl.h
/usr/include/GL/glu.h
/usr/include/GL/glext.h
/usr/include/GL/glew.h
/usr/src/xbmc.git/xbmc/xbmc/system.h

thanks

EDIT:
ex: /usr/include/GL/gl.h:1: error: ‘oat’ does not name a type
because the ~ 20 first line of this file is normaly the license ....
Edit1: *Pasted wrong... one moment plz*
Edit2: Glew.h is to big to paste (firefox crashes when I try Wink glext.h and gl.h are so messed up with special-chars (totaly different from the gl.h i downloaded, also no licence) that i could not paste it eithe. so i put them into a tarball and uploaded it to rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/444672193/gl_stuff.tar

As mentioned glext.h and gl.h look pretty strange...

I've reinstalled libgl1-mesa-dev several times so i wonder how this could happen...

Edit3: Still not compiles because of glext.h Sad
Edit4: Forgot the system.h: http://pastebin.com/wVjEi9d5
Edit5: Copied gl.h and glext.h from my ubuntu-machine... wondering if it works...
Edit6: Failed at glx.h -.- so copied glx.h... giving it another try...
i just need the first 100 lines because i think your libs are broken.
I'm pretty sure you are right, as mentioned, glext.h, glx.h and gl.h seem pretty short, pretty messed up, TOTALLY different from their equivalents on my ubuntu-machine and have no licence at the beginning.

But, I cannot paste you the first 100 Lines, at all 3 Files, the first line is full of strange Spezial-Chars (displayed as "^@" in Vim) which makes them impossiple to paste (at least in Firefox)

Edit: so, my glext.h still does not work... although it's the copied one from my ubuntu machine... but it looks nomal: http://pastebin.com/iV3P7CqH
One Command to solve the Problem... a whole day to figure it out...

the package where the broken files are contained is "mesa-common-dev" not libgl1-mesa-dev
so a simple "aptitude reinstall mesa-common-dev" fixxed my problem.

Big THX to you, bobo1on1 and Fneufneu for helping me

Finally I can enjoy XBMC again Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not abled to compile XBMC anymore0