Is there a way to reset a list's position?
Jezz_X Wrote:<focusposition>3</focusposition>
just means that the 4 item (0,1,2,3) is the one that the list is fixed on so 3 other items can be visible past it it has nothing to do with what content of position 3 is

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole thing

Well, I'm a rookie so I'm probably misled by FOCUSPOSITION as I expect it to set focus on position. FIXPOSITION is what I would expect to fix scrolling on particular item.

I'm not trying to act like an ass, just expressing my confusion.

Nowever, panels are affected also, AFAICT.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@Hitcher

What are you up to with this 360 look-a-like? New skin or mod? I really like the 360 interface and was considering modding Xperience if 'Black or someone else didn't do it...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
The confusion I'm having here is I'm pretty sure hitcher wants to always return to the 1 item in a list of media not the first position in the list because the first position is always filled with the last active item when you exited the window eg: "Star wars" instead of the first item like the movie "9" (with title sort)
XBMC always remembers list positions (i.e. which item in the list has initial focus) as that's what 99.99% of users want. It's unnatural to exit a window and reenter it again to the exact same place you were and suddenly find yourself focused on a different item. This happens when playback of a video ends for instance.

What Hitcher is wanting is a way to override this. It's non-trivial to do, as XBMC is setting the focus position quite a while after the window is loaded.

Personally I think it's a bad thing to attempt to do - again, I don't see any issues with the video - it seems to react the way a user expects it to, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding the problem.

Now, if XBMC is remembering the wrong position, or is setting a remembered position from some other listing that has nothing to do with the one you navigate to, then that's a different problem entirely.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:XBMC always remembers list positions (i.e. which item in the list has initial focus) as that's what 99.99% of users want. It's unnatural to exit a window and reenter it again to the exact same place you were and suddenly find yourself focused on a different item. This happens when playback of a video ends for instance.

What Hitcher is wanting is a way to override this. It's non-trivial to do, as XBMC is setting the focus position quite a while after the window is loaded.

Personally I think it's a bad thing to attempt to do - again, I don't see any issues with the video - it seems to react the way a user expects it to, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding the problem.

Now, if XBMC is remembering the wrong position, or is setting a remembered position from some other listing that has nothing to do with the one you navigate to, then that's a different problem entirely.

Cheers,
Jonathan

The problem I'm having is that it remembers the position for the list but that list is used for all of the vertical list's items (ie Movie Titles, Movies Genres, etc) so if I'm focused on the 3rd movie and move up to see the recently added movies it'll be focused on the 3rd one. Now if I navigate to the 7th recent movie and go back to movie titles it'll be on the 7th one and not the 3rd. This is very disorientating and I think resetting back to the start is more suited to this skin plus there's no real entering/re-entering of the different windows as it all appears to happens in the same one.

Jezz_X Wrote:btw hitcher a good hack workaround is to have an extra hidden list with the same id Smile remember if you have 2 lists of the same id with different visible conditions in the one window it always reset to the top instead of remembering lol (I think the hidden one needs to above the non hidden in the xml)
Jezz you genius you've only gone and solved it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzSvsDfsUlY
Quote:Jezz you genius you've only gone and solved it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzSvsDfsUlY

Hi, I am working on something with the same structure.
Can you please share the code?

I think I got the idea of Jezz, but it is not working for me or I don't know how to implement it.
And a second problem that I have, when I hit left/right to pass from vertical list to the horizontal list I have to press the key twice. And from the above movie I can see that you don't have this problem.

Thanks
http://www.mediafire.com/?yw8t084n8bfdkfv
Hitcher Wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?yw8t084n8bfdkfv

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to reset a list's position?0