How to get debug info?
hi,

i have searched a bit around, but not found a solution to my problem.

i am making a script for xbmc, and it would be very handy to see what the errors which occour are. i have tried setting logging level to debug (from notice), but i still don't get any output from python to the log files on c:\ or in xbmc folder. are there any other log files that i am not aware of, or is something wrong?

tia
hi
use the white button after scripts running. it should show you the debug screen

you should fine xbmc.log and xbmc.old.log at the home directory for xbmc

notice=0 need xbmc to restort to take effect
as i said, the log files contain no output about python, even at debug. also, the white button is not working. any chance one of the coders could have a look on that and perhaps add back in support for it? from what i gathered, white button in script menu got broken in november when usingit for context menu. would be very handy to have...

still, i wonder why there's no output to be seen...

thanks
try searching:

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....780080a
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i always search before i post. this time however i hadn't read the thread well enough, as it seemed there was a solution that didn't break the normal function of the white button (as i first assumed). sorry about that...

not to be an ass, but how come this isn't integrated back into cvs? i guess you got a lot to keep track of already though, so things are easily forgotten.

anyhow, thanks, and for users who find this thread and need the solution check here
i thought they add it.. i saw this feature inside a log....
maybe the cvs you get is not complete...
hmm..mine might be some days outdated, yeah. however, i checked the keymap.xml file in cvs before my last post, and i couldn't find it added there. it could be in the code itself though or that i overlooked it, if so, my bad... Blush
yes
try to get a recent cvs
Heh, I spent all afternoon looking through old posts trying to get up to speed on everything that's changed while I've been away. The MAIN thing I wanted to find was how to get Python debug info.

It was a relief to find this thread. And, of course, the links aren't working because of the server migration. :-)

Any quick answers on what exactly I need to do (or links to the relevant threads using the new addresses)? If it's a hassle, no problem. I can wait until they get these links working. I just haven't found this info elsewhere yet.
For scripts, script development tools, and documentation, visit my website:
http://www.maskedfox.com/xbmc/
Grr. Okay, sorry, I found it.
For scripts, script development tools, and documentation, visit my website:
http://www.maskedfox.com/xbmc/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get debug info?0