Git doesn't update
Hi,

I tried to do a Git Pull exactly as described in the FAQ sticky, but even after completing the update the skin doesn't show any changes in XBMC. Then I installed the passion repo add on and installed the SVN build of night, which now reflects the latest changes.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong with the Git? I have Dharma with Windows 7.
u might have a cached version in user\username\appdata\roaming
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
I don't understand about the cache. The FAQ says nothing about it? Maybe it should be updated with the latest instructions?
He was meaning you might have another copy. There are 2 places things can be stored, in Windows atleast...

1. user\username\appdata\roaming\XBMC\addons
2. C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons

When Git pulling it will either say:
Already up to date
or you'll see some % and whatnot showing it's updating files

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:He was meaning you might have another copy. There are 2 places things can be stored, in Windows atleast...

1. user\username\appdata\roaming\XBMC\addons
2. C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons

When Git pulling it will either say:
Already up to date
or you'll see some % and whatnot showing it's updating files

Well, when I went to the c/Program Files/XBMC/addons/skin.night in the GIT BASH, it said MASTER and that's where I used the GIT PULL from. I've done this atleast 2-3 times till now and everytime it used to update some files. So, is it possible that I am updating it properly, but still using a cached version in the roaming folder which is not getting updated?

Should I delete the night skin in the user/roaming folder? Will XBMC automatically revert to the program files version of Night skin?

Also, is this the right place to ask this question or should I ask the General Windows Help forum?
contentedbloke Wrote:Should I delete the night skin in the user/roaming folder? Will XBMC automatically revert to the program files version of Night skin?

Yes, no reason to have 2 copies unless you rename one. It doesnt matter where you put it but if you got two copies then the /addons folder in roaming takes priority...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thanks a lot guys, I got the solution. Deleting the skin in the addon folder in Roaming automatically made xbmc revert to the version in the program files folder. BTW, renaming the addon version doesn't help - Only deleting does it.

Also, for the sake of clarity, I think you should update the FAQ to reflect the addon folder as the master folder for GIT updates and not the program files. Because all other addons and skins installed through XBMC Addons seem to be installed only in the roaming directory and not the program files directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Git doesn't update0