Help wanted, regarding "movies" on home screen
Hello.

Im using the newest version of XBMC and running on windows7. And it works perfect..

But i have a little issue that maybe someone in here could help me with.

Im using the skin "shade" and on the home menu i have added 3 folders in the "videos"-menu (movies,cartoons,kids)

But im using the "Movies" from the home menu to browse the movies, because it can show more information about movies and so on.

The issue i have is: I would like if i choose the "movies" on the home menu, it would only list the movies that are in the folder i added called "movies", because now it shows all the media i have added (movies,cartoon,kids). But i only want the movies.

Is this something that could be doneHuh
LusKereN Wrote:Hello.
The issue i have is: I would like if i choose the "movies" on the home menu, it would only list the movies that are in the folder i added called "movies", because now it shows all the media i have added (movies,cartoon,kids). But i only want the movies.

Is this something that could be doneHuh

Take a look at the Profiles feature which allows you to set content by user.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profiles
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
There's a good how-to on using profiles to separate content. It should get you something like what you're looking for.

But if your skin can handle customizing the home screen then you can probably get a lot closer using smart playlists. Basically you replace the movie button with one that links to a smart playlist that selects only your "normal" movies. Then you link new buttons (or submenu items depending on how your skin works) to smart playlists for everything else.

There's a good how-to for using smart playlist this way too. Note that this how-to assumes you're using Transparency! and that you want to completely hack your home screen rather than use the limited customization built into that skin. Even if one or both of those conditions don't apply to you, I'd recommend reading the first half of the how-to since it's completely generic and will get the idea across better than I can here.
Okay i have been looking at both your suggestions.. But i have to say that i am pretty lost is this :S
I would be nice if someone was so kind and helped med out a littleHuh
ok, where are you getting lost?

(and keep in mind that I'm willing to help but depending on my schedule I sometimes go days without checking back on the forum so this may take a while)
here's how you do it with the night skin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWea_PvIkE

that should get you going
# legio1 - I tried the second option that you gave, where you made custom home buttons, but when it comes to editing the skin files i get lost, maybe it is because im not using the same skin as in the tutorial. And it is okay if it takes days to help, just that im getting help makes me glad.

# mr.sparkle - Thank i will watch the video, and try to get it to work with my shade-skin. I will return later today to say if i were successful.
Mr.Sparkle... Thanks for the video link, that helped me a lot, and it all works like a charm now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help wanted, regarding "movies" on home screen0