Add on to Watch Recorded DirecTV Content
Is there an app or add on anywhere that can integrate with XBMC that will play back recorded content that is on a DVR on the network? It would be nice to not have to switch inputs to the DVR and watch it through XBMC if possible.
Can anyone confirm or deny that this type of add on exists?
The content on a DVR is typically encrypted and/or not "exposed" to the network, so the answer is "no." Especially DirecTV - that is a seriously closed-off box.
There is a program called DirecTvToPc or something like that, free program, and you can get if off of directv's website.

It is extremely flaky with getting it to work correctly, however.

I was hoping someone integrated that program into XBMC, or, is there a way to call an external program with XBMC?
XBMC has a launch external application thing built in... you could have it launch direct2pc from within xbmc, but I doubt that application is open enough to allow it to be used as a player or to scrape the data out of.
I'm guessing you are 100% correct. Getting direct2pc to work in the first place has posed multiple hours of troubleshooting, and may not even be worth the hassle of getting it to work when I can just push a button to switch inputs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add on to Watch Recorded DirecTV Content0