• 22(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?
(2019-08-15, 08:57)TimCheng Wrote:
(2016-09-17, 21:31)PatK Wrote: In the Krypton nighties and beta, I'm getting the error 'Non existent control 4500' on game entry.

[Edit] PBMacros your fix works like a charm!
I tried to use Movie Quiz on Kodi 18.3 but could not get it to work. From memory I could not get it to work on Kodi 16 or 17 either and there don't seem to be any posts on this addon since 2016.  I was quite impressed with it previously and would appreciate any solutions people may have.     
Believe or not. I installed this addon on windows for debugging because I too got the error 'Non existent control 4500'. I could not understand it because in script-moviequiz-main.xml on line 94 I found the controll.
xml:
<!-- Background -->
            <control type="image" id="4500">
                <description>Background</description>
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <width>1280</width>
                <height>720</height>
                <texture>quiz-background-movie.jpg</texture>
                <fadetime>1000</fadetime>
            </control>
so I commented this out  so that it looked like:
xml:
<!-- Background -->
            <!--<control type="image" id="4500">
                <description>Background</description>
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <width>1280</width>
                <height>720</height>
                <texture>quiz-background-movie.jpg</texture>
                <fadetime>1000</fadetime>
            </control>-->
Then I went to gui.py line 898 which looks like that:
python:
if self.question.getFanartFile() is not None:
            self.getControl(self.C_MAIN_MOVIE_BACKGROUND).setImage(self.question.getFanartFile())
        else:
            self.getControl(self.C_MAIN_MOVIE_BACKGROUND).setImage(self.defaultBackground)
I commented this out so that it looked like that:
python:
#if self.question.getFanartFile() is not None:
            #self.getControl(self.C_MAIN_MOVIE_BACKGROUND).setImage(self.question.getFanartFile())
        #else:
            #self.getControl(self.C_MAIN_MOVIE_BACKGROUND).setImage(self.defaultBackground)
And voila no more 'Non existent control 4500'  the moviequiz was working. Althoug it looks not so pretty without the background image. And scoring does not work. Even local scoring does not work as intended.
As we all love bling I decided to investigate in the controll. No success. It gave me a headache. Why can the addon not find the controll when it ist there? I was so desperat I decided to delete the controll id in script-moviequiz-main.xml on line 94 with my notepad ++ and reenterd it again. And tada  no more 'Non existent control 4500'  the moviequiz was working and showed the background image.
I made a zip file of the windows package put on my raspi production kodi, installed the zip and have now this beatifull addon working again. OK scoring ist not working, the imdb download is not working and I have no music in my kodi so I dont know if music quiz is working but movies and series (tv-shows) work. Maybe I will investigate in scoring an post later. Im so happy as this addon is fun.
NUC6CAYH 4 GB RAM  Intel® Celeron® CPU J3455 @ 1.50GHz Intel HD Graphics 500 Intel Corporation Device [8086:5a85] (rev 0b)
Kodi 19.3 on libreelec 10.0
Aeon MQ 8 multimod v19 for matrix, SuperFavourites, MovieQuiz, ExtendedInfoScript, CinemaVision,
Hello,
there is good news for all who love this addon and are on Matrix. There is a person who forked the addon and brought it to python 3 and Matrix.
Look here: https://github.com/seveerekaj/script.moviequiz
I downloaded zip and installed in Kodi 19 and it worked.
See in YouTube how it works and looks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eCqDJL0VFo
NUC6CAYH 4 GB RAM  Intel® Celeron® CPU J3455 @ 1.50GHz Intel HD Graphics 500 Intel Corporation Device [8086:5a85] (rev 0b)
Kodi 19.3 on libreelec 10.0
Aeon MQ 8 multimod v19 for matrix, SuperFavourites, MovieQuiz, ExtendedInfoScript, CinemaVision,
(2021-08-23, 16:08)slahrellek Wrote: there is good news for all who love this addon and are on Matrix. There is a person who forked the addon and brought it to python 3 and Matrix.
Look here: https://github.com/seveerekaj/script.moviequiz
I came here to announce that I was working on fixing/updating this addon, but I see you've already found my Github repo - that's awesome!

Here's the major updates I've made so far:
  • it works on Kodi 19 - Matrix
  • removed highscore stuff and other features I considered to be non-essential
  • new settings to configure how long the movie clip should play for, as well as the min and max % to start playing from.

See the new thread I created for this addon here for MATRIX v19. Please post on that thread if you have feature requests or bug reports.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?5