How do I hide the gui completely except for playback controls?
I have a CRT projector which is prone to permanent burn-in of static screens and use an ipad remote/library browser app instead of the on-screen gui.

I want to have the screen completely black except during playback but haven't found an easy way to do this. I tried setting the screensaver time to 0 in guisettings.xml which didn't work. I thought of setting the startup screen to music and change the skin (confluence) to display a black screen instead of the usual music menu, would that be hard? Is there any other easy solution I'm missing?

I can't just wait for the 1min screensaver timeout because if there is an active menu on screen it just dims a bit and I'd hate to have the projector tubes ruined if left on accidentally

UPDATE:
In case anyone wants to do the same without making their own skin I solved this by removing all xml-files starting with Music/MyMusic from the skin's (confluence) 720p directory and setting the startup menu to music (which I don't use). I guess you could choose any other menu item and remove the corresponding xml-file
Set the dim percent to a higher number.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I have the screensaver set to cut in after 1 minute and I have the Screensaver mode set to Black. This blanks the screen after one minute.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I hide the gui completely except for playback controls?0