XBMC Visualization Competition
another free opensource visual plugin is here

http://xmms-scivi.sourceforge.net/

and also here Smile

http://www.greenshift.net/

i have also emailed ryan geiss asking if he would be willing to open source milkdrop or geiss Smile
(crunchie @ feb. 29 2004,21:30 Wrote:http://xmms-scivi.sourceforge.net/
scivi would be quite hard to port to xbox for two reasons, firstly it's opengl (xdk don't support opengl) and secondly it's made as a xmms plugin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
erm, the g-force plugin has a big memleak! trying to fix it this week... sorry...
Thumbs Up 
@everyone, fyi: nmrs has submitted a new entry for the contest, he calls this audio visualization "saville", it's in the cvs Image
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
xbmc vis competition update

we got some bad news and we got some good news, depending how you look on it. the bad news is team-xecuter has let us know that the x3 has been slightly delayed so we won't have any prizes to hand out directly when the contest where about to end so we have decided to postpone the competition. the good news is that team-xecuter said they will still guarantee the prizes to the winners so we will only postpone the last submission date of the contest one month to the 18th of april 2004. this means more time for more developers to code and hand in their visualization(s), so we hope that more xbox, homebrew and visualisation programmers will step up and show us what they got.
hello,

as a dedicated user of xbmc (a big, big thanks by the way) and as a long time user of winamp, i got quite excited by the tease of new visualisations (sorely missing imho).

i have waited and waited and so was very disappointed to hear that they were going to be delayed.  i know, i know this is all for goodwill and all that, but you must understand that you have some very serious (frequent / real) users out there who will, like me be salivating at the thought of new and relaxing endings to stressful days at the office!

so in the interest of keeping things moving and to show that i am serious about this i would like to add something to the mix – i can’t code – well, i can a little but do not have the time required to get started let alone complete a project!  i do however run a uk based software company and would be willing to donate some more prizes – there is a catch – i would also expect the products to receive coverage on the home page as well as have links to my site (there is as they say no such thing as a free lunch) on the main xbmc page.

i do understand that this may not be possible as you already have a sponsor – but maybe as they have stumbled a little you can make room for another (along side).

the offer is real – visit http://www.fasttrak.co.uk for a full list of products – you will find we have quite a lot and i would be willing to offer you the following:

2 x darkbasic professional
2 x magix movie edit pro
1 x magix audio cleaning lab 2004
1 x magix music maker dance edition
1 x magix music maker garage edition
1 x magix music maker hip hop edition
1 x magix digital photo maker

that should add up to around £300 or so – not bad.  i don’t want any user details, i can ship all of this directly to you guys or whatever.

this offer is made for two reasons, one, the obvious i would like to get some free coverage for our products and the other, and truly the more important in this case – i want some cool visualisations – very, very selfish, but hey so what!

if you would like to discuss off site, please suggest an email address for me to follow up on.

best regards and once again many thanks for what has been the most useful usage of my xbox so far.

jon
fasttrak
i just wish they would have a contest to implement mp3+g karaoke support.
Exclamation 
@Bitfik, send me an e-mail and we will disuss it, however i'm not convinced that open source coders in general are interrested in retail software applications (even if they are 'for free'), maybe if you offered your "video deluxe av/dv edition" bundles or something else hw instead, ...just a thought
hi,

sorry, hardware no go...  and i'm sure legit software is always very well received especially when it comes to video editing, games programming and music creation - not like a few easy to forget games or something.

i will try and get an email to you gamester but for some reason i couldn't access from the office - perhaps you could mail my work - jon @ fasttrak .co.uk (obviously no spaces - just stops the trawlers).

regards for now...

jon
so not interested then...?

jon
Exclamation 
you never sent me an e-mail so i haven't forwared it to our teams mailing list for open discussion (not everyone reads all the forum posts)
and besides that magix* is the crappiest software ever
Star 
okay, g-force is running nicely in the mediacenter...
(questor/fused @ april 05 2004,20:30 Wrote:okay, g-force is running nicely in the mediacenter...
ugh. what? where? wanna see!!! Image
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Quote:ugh. what? where? wanna see!!!

i second that! g-force is the last major feature i really really really wanted.

@questor/fused. i can't wait to see. g-force would get my vote for the vis contest for sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Visualization Competition0