Can't Remove from Library
So i have a couple of movies that my daughter is trying to play. For some reason when she tries to play them it comes up with the following message.

"This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?"

If we select "yes" it still remains there but doesn't play. But if I go to the library and try to play it from there it plays just fine.

I've tried using "Clean Library" and it still shows up in Movies.

I've also tried removing the movie from it's original location then used "Clean Library" and it disappears. If I move the movie back and scan for new files, it finds it but it goes through the same issue as above.

This is driving me nuts. Any thoughts?
I have the exact same problem!

Site is supposed to be full of so called experts!!!!!

No one seems to have the answer!

Some help PLEASE -----Sad
Dave Surtees Wrote:I have the exact same problem!

Site is supposed to be full of so called experts!!!!!

No one seems to have the answer!

Some help PLEASE -----Sad

That's attitude isn't going to win you any points. There are tons of posts explaining how to ask a question in a way we can help.

Without a debug log it becomes a guessing game as to what is configured wrong.

@Longshot - you say when in library mode it plays fine. Just where are you when it doesn't play? As above - a debug log will help tremendously. Turn on debugging, repeat the process and post the debug log to pastebin.com or similar site.
-stoli-
Can you run the movie with another program ?
What Operating system are you using ?
Are you sharing this movie over a network ?
Thanks Stoli,

I unreservedly appologise M8,
Just a wind up to get a response!
I like a bit of banter and genuinely don't mean to offend
I've just come in from work, I'll have to learn how to run a ? Debug log first but will follow your advise.

Best Regards
Dave
Samnon,
My movies are on a Netgear NAS, I'm running XP SP3, and I can play them using my computer and stream them to my daughters Ipods and my ipad OK?
Strange !!
Thanks for the response M8

Regards
Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Remove from Library0