[AppleTV2] Constant Buffering on 720p MKV - Wireless Question
hovnarr Wrote:buffering for the most people, would be when movie stops and it says buffering.. and then a little numbers going up to 100.Nod

Well I am pretty certain I know the difference between cat5 and cat6 cable. But why buy a cat5 cable now, in 2 years there might be another model able to use gigabit ethernet? Almost same price also.

Yes thats buffering for me , ived tried 2 atvs2 now both have same problem
yup FTP gives me 0 buffering , as compared to random buffering with smb & upnp over wifi-g, same files

So I changed, the sources.xml to ftp only, but my library still is linked to smb somehow ??
If I go in Video -> it's proper ftp link, but library still points to smb ?
do I need to empty the library and start from scratch for ftp ?
is there any way to use ftp with Atv2?

I am getting a lot of buffering with HD movies But if I use the same network to watch 1080p movie with my PC its fine.
hovnarr Wrote:Well I am pretty certain I know the difference between cat5 and cat6 cable. But why buy a cat5 cable now, in 2 years there might be another model able to use gigabit ethernet? Almost same price also.

Gigabit will run over cat5e cable.
hovnarr Wrote:I accidently got upgraded to 4.3 last night. So I bought a new atv2 today and run cat6 cable from router. Much more smoth now, only buffering on some 1080p movies.

Also tried with FTP, it seems quicker in gui but all HD 720p movies shows to 2.0 GB size? Anyone now why? Also no problem with fast forward, seems much quicker. But FTP cant start HD movies in .avi format. Weird.

Huh? Is there a jailbreak for 4.3 then?
popcornmix Wrote:Confirmed. FTP setup solves buffering for me on 10MBit/s files over wifi and appears to be scraping okay. Definitely working better than SMB. Need a tougher file to test if it beats http streaming.

What ftp server did you use on your client-pc or Mac?
Reverb Wrote:What ftp server did you use on your client-pc or Mac?

Filezilla on a Windows 7 PC.

I've also reverted to last official build (the nightlies have been bad for me), and it's been flawless since (for 720p and below).

Unfortunately there seems to be a bug with scanning with FTP. All content is identified correctly, but I've got no images (posters/banners/fanart) in library view (the images all exist locally alongside videos).
The images do show up in file view.

I'm sticking with FTP though. Although if anyone gets images working in library mode I'd be interested. (I believe images will work when XBMC does all scanning, but it fails when you have full nfo files plus local images).
Hi guys,

please, I cant find the option to add sources as ftp.

how can I do it?
popcornmix Wrote:Unfortunately there seems to be a bug with scanning with FTP. All content is identified correctly, but I've got no images (posters/banners/fanart) in library view (the images all exist locally alongside videos).

I fixed my image scraping with ftp. See here.
I made a new thread about this since I wanted to make this more clear, since this one is sliding to other subjects.

for thouse interested its here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96958
can anyone explain how to get a ftp server up and configured on atv2. thanks
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I had issues with SMB, switched to FTP via filezilla, still have the buffering issue...
I setup my Apple TV to share my files via an FTP server on my PC (Filezilla), but no I'm no longer able to delete video files via XBMC. The option to delete is turned on. When sharing via SMB, after removing a video from my library, it would give me the option to delete the file from my PC. Anyone know how to get that option back?
sumsh Wrote:I setup my Apple TV to share my files via an FTP server on my PC (Filezilla), but no I'm no longer able to delete video files via XBMC. The option to delete is turned on. When sharing via SMB, after removing a video from my library, it would give me the option to delete the file from my PC. Anyone know how to get that option back?

Make sure that under Users (FileZilla) .. you have Delete Permission set for 'xbmc' user for your Shared Folder ...
ozblogger Wrote:Make sure that under Users (FileZilla) .. you have Delete Permission set for 'xbmc' user for your Shared Folder ...

I've already turned on that setting, and it still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Constant Buffering on 720p MKV - Wireless Question0