XBMC locks up when Audio CD inserted
ehhhh..

added question:

what to do if i NEED raid mode? Wink

P.S.: have my LiteOn via USB on XBMC
Hi,

I just added a ticket to the XBMCSupport System. Perhaps someone will fix it. Does the LitOn work on USB? I have tested several Chipsets (Intel, Amd and Nvidia) and the only chipset that worked (in AHCI Mode) was the Nvidia. No luck with AMD and Intel (talking about the actual P55, P67 and 880G)

So if it would work with USB that would help me.

Thank you

Regards

Alex
Don't hold your breath. We use third party libs like libcdio to access the drives so dunno why it won't work. Furthermore one need the non working environments for developing and testing which we don't have.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi,

thank you for answer. XBMC is the Best media Center and I know it's open Source and free to have. So I would never complain. Cool

If you need any support in Hardware please just send me a short PM and I will try my best to help.

Thanks in advance and Regards,

Alex
i solved the problem by installing the intel driver for my chipset: intel Rapid Storage. (my drive is in AHCI)
I'm using a SATA LiteOn BD ROM as well (iHOS104). Inserting an audio CD causes XBMC to freeze for some minutes, but eventually it wakes up and will happily play the CD. Same story as above really. Windows Media Player copes with the same hardware and CD so it's not fundamentally broken, just something subtle in this setup I think. Sadly my motherboard doesn't do AHCI (Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L), so I can't try the solution above. If anybody has any other ideas or workarounds then I'd be interested to know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC locks up when Audio CD inserted0