Gb-pvr remote script
Big Grin 
as gb-pvr uses a build in webserver with the option to remote schedule and see the epg, i was trying to do a python script on it.
however as i never used python before i pretty much stuck on the basic stuff.. therefore my request: is there a python developer who would like to pickup this challange.
nb. trying mediaportal and gb-pvr.. gb-pvr much much better suits the needs for just a recording program instead of a resource hungry htpc application.

more info on gb-pvr: http://gbpvr.com

thanks
the site is down.

to be honest, i would use linksbox or whatever and just do it that way...

second - why make xbox be able to do that... its like, record it through your pc... if you use xbmc, you are probably pc savvy or the person that setup your xbox is computer savvy...

just try doing it through the pc... or use a xbox webbrowser.

try parsing the file through a python script.

i have enough knowledge to understand how a script works, but i am not able to write a very complicated one.. most i did was have it say the headlines from cnn.com
(bitblaster @ jan. 23 2005,13:41 Wrote:the site is down.

to be honest, i would use linksbox or whatever and just do it that way...

second - why make xbox be able to do that... its like, record it through your pc... if you use xbmc, you are probably pc savvy or the person that setup your xbox is computer savvy...

just try doing it through the pc... or use a xbox webbrowser.

try parsing the file through a python script.

i have enough knowledge to understand how a script works, but i am not able to write a very complicated one.. most i did was have it say the headlines from cnn.com
i noticed.
reasons why? very simple:
1. xbox can't record and xbmc is center of all my media currently.
2. pc is somewhere else in the house, and it's a logical follow up to manage the recordings that i want to view on my television downstairs while the pc is recording it upstairs.
3. i don't like running through the house when i see something on tv i want to record now.. xbox is most times on anyway.
4. well, you probably don't use your pc share's either then to access your media with these arguments right? why even use your pc in your example.
5. it's called xbox media center... guess the option to have the tv schedule in there and be able to manage recordings and view my recordings pretty much falls into that and i guess interest of others most likely will be there.
6. i wish i could do python myself.. tried it but not my thing.
http://www.gbpvr.com/ back up..
would be cool if i could watch gbpvr recordings trough the xbox... anyone able to get this to work ?

thanks in advance for youre attention Smile
ysbox, i think that's the name and some other people are working on integerating a web browser into xbmc. i'm not sure it will be included in cvs or not though.

have you tried linksbox as suggested?

it's a little awkward to use, but might work for your needs in the mean time.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
aye i use it for movies on my pc.. but well uh.. somthing more native is allways cool Smile
Lightbulb 
It would be especially nice to have this scripted in XBMC because XBMC is now available to PC users, but understandebly lacking PVR support.
Linux users have MythTV but PC users have nothing :-(

This could be a very sweet (intermediate) solution. TV enabled XBMC on the HTPC and on my XBOX!!!

I can skin it but not create it. Is there anybody willing to take up the challenge?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gb-pvr remote script0