Ion 330, wake from suspend with remote in Dharma?
I am trying to get my remote to wake my asrock 330 from suspend (or even power on). It doesn't work out of the box and I searched the forum but there are so many threads on remotes and suspending that I hope someone can point me in the right direction please.

-Many threads are from pre-Dharma builds, so I am unsure if they still apply
-I've read people updating kernels, changing config files etc and I want to avoid messing up the entire system and having to reinstall. With so many different solutiond and not knowing what works and what not it's a little tricky to just start trying stuff as a Linux noob.

Hope someone has already solved this and can point me somewhere.
Here is your fix: (it is working on my asrock 330 setup on Dharma)

"Fixing wake from suspend via USB/IR remote

As I stated earlier this problem crept into XBMC Live and means that the system will go into suspend via the remotes command but will not wake up, here is how to fix it.

Step 1) Start WinSCP and log in as a root user as outlined above.

Step 2) Browse to the /etc/ folder and find the file called rc.local

Step 3) Right click on the file and select edit, now add the line without quotes “echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup” into the file so it looks like the screenshot below.

Step 4) Click the floppy disc icon to save the changes, now close WinSCP and go to your XBMC Live system and reboot it. If all went well when it comes back up it should wake from suspend over USB.
"

original link: http://redherring2.wordpress.com/2009/06...tup-guide/
Thanks, that seems pretty straightforward.

Will this also make poweron on remote turn on the device when its off by any chance?
Thanks it works great! Had to fiddle a little with my harmony but this is great!

Also tested and it will not turn the device on, only resume from suspend. Is it also possible to turn the asrock on this way while I am working on it now?
that depends on the output of "cat /proc/acpi/wakeup" ... the S-State will tell you: S3 is for "standby", S4 "Hibernate" and S5 "power off". I assume it will tell you S4 meaning that a wakeup is only possible from standby or hibernate.
Thanks. I get S4 enabled indeed. Any chance this can be altered in bios? I coudn't find anything but perhaps it's nameddifferently in bios.
I'm not aware of any way to get it to et it to power up via usb...
Thanks farhope! was helpful for me

___
Sex Cams

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ion 330, wake from suspend with remote in Dharma?0