upnp folder view
Is it possible to select a "view by folder" over upnp when using XBMC as a upnp server.

My problem is that I can choose to "view by title" in the movies library but then XBMC shows alle videos at once. I'd like to use my folder structure instead.
I have the same Question / Request.
I have a very sorted Audio / Video Folder Structure and hate the View with the Meta Tags.
hi

same question here...
Use the "Files" node
you may also want to change the upnpserver.xml
the line that reads <MaxReturnedItems>200</MaxReturnedItems>
to something like <MaxReturnedItems>1500</MaxReturnedItems>
Ned Scoot,
Could you please tell me what i have to do to get this "Files" ? I dont see "Files" in my library music, when, for example, i use bubble upnp android and i connect xbmc library. Is it a file in UserData folder ?
i specify that i dont use xbmc client music library but another one, like bubble upnp, or like J River Media Center on windows..

ok maughanorama, i will
The client should have the view you want. XBMC has a files view when used as upnp client.
(2013-12-17, 00:43)paralight Wrote: Ned Scoot,
Could you please tell me what i have to do to get this "Files" ? I dont see "Files" in my library music, when, for example, i use bubble upnp android and i connect xbmc library. Is it a file in UserData folder ?
i specify that i dont use xbmc client music library but another one, like bubble upnp, or like J River Media Center on windows..

ok maughanorama, i will

Sorry, I don't think there is a files node for music, just for video.
ok thanks, i've installed minidlna (on raspbmc not openelec, i can't ) , and it works perfectly, now i can browse from my bubble upnp
Go to the Video view. Chose the file mode. Go to the Media where the Music is on and open the file you want to hear. I have several dlna/Upnp Apps And it is working for all.
Hi,
I use raspbmc on my pi to use it a media server.
I access this server from my TV and I used to see the content in folder structure.

When raspbmc got updated one month ago(named changed to 'Kodi'), I'm not seeing this folder structure.
All the videos are seen as a dump, and it is difficult to find or search for a specific video.

Can anyone please help me with this.
If there is any config parameter or upnp server setting that need to be changed?
Nothing has changed in that sense for UPnP between v13 and v14.
I came here looking for an answer to the same question: how to get a folder node for the music library. When using Kodi as a upnp server, there's a folder node for video, but not for audio. The client you use is irrelevant - I've got half a dozen different client devices about the house, and it's always the same: it's the server that sets the node structure.

The device I was using as a upnp server for my audio collection crashed recently, so since I have it running 24/7 anyway, I figured I might as well use my Kodi installation (on a pi) to take on that task. My music library is rather large and the tagging is a mess, so I've always navigated it by using the folder structure. The old device was running Twonky, and there I could set up precisely which node structure I wanted. Of course I could install another, separate upnp server to get the structure I need (eg MediaTomb), but that seems silly since Kodi has it built in anyway. Running two upnp servers might also be a bit hard on my poor little pi.

So - has this issue been resolved? Is there a way to change the node structure for the music library and add a folder node? I think most upnp servers have a folder navigation node -- even Kodi has it for the video library! -- so if not now, is this something that might be included in future?
The issue I was facing was with the hard disks I've connected.
The hard disks are connected to a external power source.
In case, there is no enough power available for the disks, Kodi shows as media list rather than folders.
If enough power is available it is showing properly in the folder view.

I did not check it for the music folders though.
So - has this issue been resolved? Is there a way to change the node structure for the music library and add a folder node? I think most upnp servers have a folder navigation node -- even Kodi has it for the video library! -- so if not now, is this something that might be included in future?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upnp folder view0