XBMC is scraping all my local trailers as "Trailers from Hell"
I have a WMC7 set up downstairs, with full library of media managed with Media Center Master, which downloads trailers and puts them in \movie name (year)\trailers

Media Center master is generating the .nfo file for all movies and tv shows and putting in the folder.

Now then, upstairs.. I have a 1st gen appletv with XBMC. I have added the SMB shares and when it scrapes using IMDB its doing fine for movies and putting in the library, however every trailer is being identified in library as "Trailers from Hell (2008)"

Any suggestions?
One thing to add when Media Center Master downloads that trailer for \movie name (year)\trailers it names the trailer.avi

So all trailers are named trailer.avi which is why i suspect XBMC is scraping "Trailers from Hell"

Any ideas on what I can do to assist XBMC, perhaps ignoring anything trailer.* ?
  • Maybe it is a sign of the Apocalypse?
  • Your smb server is possessed by a demon?
  • Your server belongs to a cult?
Rofl
No really, check your .nfo files in notepad to see what's going wrong. If you don't have "Trailers from Hell" in there anywhere then maybe try to change your scraper to IMDB and rescan them into the library.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I had a problem where xbmc would scrape my trailers as Trailer Park Boys. My problem was my trailer file names did not contain '-trailer' at the end of the file name. Once I added that, the internal scraper ignored them. so trailer-trailer.ext or somename-trailer.ext

Scraping aside:

As I understand it, for trailers to work, you need to give the trailer the exact same file name as your movie file and then add -trailer to the end.
This is from the wiki for advancedsettings.xml

<excludefromscan/excludefromlisting>

Contains regular expressions to match filenames or folders which should be excluded from a library scan (except tvshows). This can be for both Video or Audio sections of advancedsettings.xml.

Default excludes:

<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>-trailer</regexp>
<regexp>[-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>

So you would need to add and alter this maybe, or change your trailers name to have -trailer.ext as foghat points out.
As foghat said its because your trailers are named incorrectly if your movies are in there own folders you can use

movie-trailer.ext

or you can use

filename-trailer.ext (file name being the same as the actual movie file name)
Thanks for the replies... Now i need an intellegent renamer which will take folder name and change the name of the trailer.. ie..

Before: \Movies\A Bug's Life (1998)\Trailer\trailer.mov

After this magical program you will suggest to me:
\Movies\A Bug's Life (1998)\Trailer\A Bug's Life (1998)-trailer.mov

Any suggestions? I have quite an extensive media collection over 450 trailers! I know im going to have to delete/rename the DB on the XBMC and have it just rebuild...
They are not going to work if you have them in their own directory they need to be in with the movie in the movie folder

Your best option is to move them into the movie folder then you can rename them all with the same name "movie-trailer.ext" you could do them all at once with something like "Flexible Renamer" which is freeware

There is an advanced setting for trailer matching so you might not have to rename them either

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...atching.3E

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC is scraping all my local trailers as "Trailers from Hell"0