Remote Share: Network is not connected
sergiobzh Wrote:Hi
just for information , I got exactly the same problem : network OK when setting up an uPNP share but I Got "network is not connected" when reading this share.

The solution is also OK for me : relaunch XBMC without rebooting Apple TV !
It means XBMC must be launched twice for network access OK ?

Sergio

Yes, your solution works.

I also use wired connection and I have to launch XBMC twice after each Apple TV reboot or NAS reboot for XBMC detects my smb shared folders and my UPNP server.

Note: update ssh to fix wifi problem and trouble persist.

Thanks.
OK, good, I'm not crazy. Here I finally got the ability to SSH in after successfully jailbreaking about 10 times with GP RC6, and then this happens. But the quit and restart solution does work. For me, wireless works with no difficulty, wired requires a restart. Also, for whatever reason I can SSH in over the wireless but not over the wired connection. Very strange.
nflchampion Wrote:Also, for whatever reason I can SSH in over the wireless but not over the wired connection. Very strange.
Bizarrely, I have the exact opposite problem. I can only SSH into the ATV2 when hard wired into my network.
I have seen problems when people incorrectly configured their network when their router and wireless access points are not the same unit. They essentially have two subnets going on their LAN and it prevent connection when one device is connected to wired while the connecting client tries via wireless. Or vice versa.

Not saying this is your issue, but just putting it out there in case it is.

-Dazex
If this wasn't a sudden development, I might be more inclined to agree with you.
Uninstalling nitotv solved the smb share and wifi problems for me.
For me, I add smb server once.. Can play from that server once and then I can't connect again. Only sometimes does restarting xbmc help. Also, I ran a ps3 upnp media server on my Mac (to try to stop a consistent buffeting issue). I was able to locate it once.. Add it. Play movies from it. After a reboot.. It doesn't see it on the network anymore.

When I can't connect to the smb server.. I can go into add source and find it... But then when I try to open the folder it says can't connect.

Getting extremely frustrated with this, although I am patient and understand its in it's infancy. Just wish I could know for certain when it's going to work and not work!

I have turned all firewalls off on both my computer and router.

People who are experiencing this.. Are you on Mac or win?
Mistermadness Wrote:For me, I add smb server once.. Can play from that server once and then I can't connect again. Only sometimes does restarting xbmc help. Also, I ran a ps3 upnp media server on my Mac (to try to stop a consistent buffeting issue). I was able to locate it once.. Add it. Play movies from it. After a reboot.. It doesn't see it on the network anymore.

When I can't connect to the smb server.. I can go into add source and find it... But then when I try to open the folder it says can't connect.

Getting extremely frustrated with this, although I am patient and understand its in it's infancy. Just wish I could know for certain when it's going to work and not work!

I have turned all firewalls off on both my computer and router.

People who are experiencing this.. Are you on Mac or win?

I'm on an iMac.

Tried again today, did absolutely nothing different and it worked!

It seems temperamental at best...
_Iz- Wrote:Uninstalling nitotv solved the smb share and wifi problems for me.

How did you uninstall NitoTV?
seaweed Wrote:How did you uninstall NitoTV?
apt-get remove com.nito.nitotv

With that said, the SMB share problem for me is solved by simply exiting XBMC and restarting, as said earlier.
I had the "No Network Connection" error for ages too. It seemed that the wireless was dropping after a period of inactivity. To fix this I did the following:

1. Restored to FW 4.2.1
2. Booted up non-jailbroken Apple TV2 and setup my wireless connection using a fixed IP.
3. Turn off the ATV2
4. Jailbreak the ATV2 using Greenpois0n (wait a couple of minutes after it says "complete" before disconnecting).
5. Boot up ATV2
6. Install NitoTV, Cydia etc
7. SSH into ATV2 and install XBMC

I think what fixed my problem was step 2, setting up the wireless BEFORE jailbreaking.

Not sure if that will work for everyone else but worth a shot.

P.S. This was using a MAC
I'm running the latest version 10.0.06, i think that's it. And had this problem for the last couple days. I tried most everything here:

Restart XBMC
Restart AppleTV
Uninstall Nito.TV

What I noticed was that under Settings/Network/SMB Client I had the correct workgroup name. In my case it was WORKGROUP. However, when I tried to browse for a new source I didn't find anything on my network. I was also getting the timeout error trying to browse sources I had already set up.

I deleted the workgroup name under Settings/Network/SMB Client and left it blank. After a restart of XBMC I was able to browse to windows network and my server now shows up under WORKGROUP.

I had to delete and re-add all my sources but everything seems fine now.
Question 
Been using xbmc on ATV2 4.2.1 jailbroke w/ greenpois0n for the past few days. everything was running perfect and then all of a sudden started getting that remote share: network not connected error...at 1st unplugging ATV2 worked..then when that stopped working would go in system-network-smb client and delete IP address and then reenter and restart and that worked for a bit. Now I can't connect....well sort of ..this problem only occurs when trying to access video plugins, and even stranger.. If i use the apps that came w/ ATV2 (youtube, netflix) everything works fine. So there is a network connection just not in xbmc??! very weird. Now this morning when i go into video i see NOTHING... just my 2 little dots, ya know the ones that take you back to the previous folder....i can see all of my addons that are enabled but when going into the video folder so that i can actually open one of them i get nothing!?? so for the heck of it i went into music and pictures to check things out.. i do have the option to go to addons in both of these folders and do see my pc listed in each as a source..but when trying to view folders on my pc from ATV2 i get a network lock screen.... can't get by it..even changed passwords to make sure and nothing....

i can ssh in to ATV2 with no problems...and it holds connection no problem. Even using the original ATV2 apps....no problems, no drops! i am confused
i have posted xbmc log at http://pastebin.com/fTD3ZMpj
any help is greatly appreciated thanks
lyssamae
1. Update to the latest version (your version is not up to date)
2. Use the ip instead of LYSSA-PC for your share
3. Check username and password
4. The logfile says that the permission is denied. So double check Username and Password and Firewall settings and what so ever.
thanks memphiz will try

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Share: Network is not connected0