[Apple TV 2] TV Series & Movies on main menu?
I just updated and jailbroke my ATV 2, before i had the movies and yv series on the main menu, now i can't figure how to put it there.
Any help?
Thanks!
kidstretch Wrote:I just updated and jailbroke my ATV 2, before i had the movies and yv series on the main menu, now i can't figure how to put it there.
Any help?
Thanks!

First under Video > add source > this source contains Movies

Same for TV-Shows.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
How must the movie files / tv show files be named, that they are correctly identified? Because with my stuff, nothing gets detected properly.

Greets
Zodac
piotr Wrote:First under Video > add source > this source contains Movies

Same for TV-Shows.

Did that, no luck. Do i need any add on to make it work?
@kidstrech

System - Skin - Home Window

check if they are not set to "hidden"
Is the content set right?

When in Videos, hold the menu button down and "Set Content".
Bomans Wrote:@kidstrech

yes,that worked! thank you! Smile
Bomans Wrote:@kidstrech

Hi guys

Been reading this forum to great success. Truly is wonders what you guys have helped me get out of my Apple tv2, much appriciated.

So I finaly managed to get it hooked up to my share folders for movies. And that really works out great.
But I have an issue with TV shows. I have the same setup mode and I can see it when I havent clicked "library mode on", under video.
However when I click library mode on its only my movie folder I can see.

Under skin settings I tried to see if its hidden here so I can add TV shows.. But I cant its greyed out so I cant click it.

Content is set to shows.. Its really annoying I cant see it in library mode Sad
Kyll,

It doesn't seem like you understand the concept and/or have things set up properly. In order for the "Movies" or "TV Show" to show up as an option to "unhide," you must first have a movies library and TV library created.

From your comment, it sounds like you were able to set up a movies source and set it's "content". However, it's unclear what type of content you set it to as according to your wording "Content is set to shows" and I don't recall ever seeing a "shows" option. Please clarify so we can better help.

From my experience, when you set up a source, you have the option of setting a default scraper. When set to a movies scraper and then subsequently scraping your movies files, a Movies library will be created.

Same thing occurs when you create a source for your TV video files. Setting that source to theTVDB scraper or the like and then having XBMC scrape your TV video files will allow XBMC to create a TV library for you.

Once each of the respective libraries are created, you can then go into your System/Skin/Home Windows Option and toggle Movies and TV Shows to show up on the main menu as they will no longer be "grayed out" now that each library have been established. It appears that you many have only created a single source, possibly set it to a movies scraper and that is why no TV library has been created? That's my guess based on your post. However, if in Video Files mode, you can see both a "Movies" and "TV", then it sounds like you scrape for movies but didn't scrape for TV yet. So highlight TV, press and hold the menu button and from the popup menu, select Scan for New Content. XBMC should go out and scrape for your TV show as long as you set that TV folder to a TV scraper service.

Lastly, a note that may be important for all on how the developer chose to handle how the Video menu works...

By default, XBMC Confluence skin Video menu will return to the state that you last left it in. So if it was left in Library mode for Movies, opening Video will return to the Movies Library view. If it was left in it's File View, then returning to Video will be shown in File View. And to beat a dead horse for clarity...if Video was left in TV library mode, returning to Video will show the TV Library. Now comes the hidden change....

When you have both a Movies Library and TV Library and both are unhidden, then the Video menu will ALWAYS enter into Video File mode. (As long as you didn't manually turn on the Library toggle).

When your main menu have all three:

Videos ---> Goes to Video Files Mode
Movies ---> Goes to Movies Library Mode
TV Shows ---> Goes to TV Library Mode

Anyways, let us know how it goes and if there are still any confusion. Hope that helps.

-Dazex
I'm having the same issue with my movies not loading in the library. I have been using XBMC on a Acer Revo for about a year now. Got my ATV2 about two weeks ago and just got XBMC on it. I add the source for my movies and set the content and scraper. I can see the files in the video section but not in Library. When I go to skin-settings the option to enable/disable library-movies is not available. I have deleted the source and then added back again along with making sure the content is set to movies. Any help with this issue is much appreciated.

Oliver
but if the TV show option is greyed out how can i add the tv show source? And also once i add the source how to i make it so that source reads the TV scraper?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV 2] TV Series & Movies on main menu?0