Poll: Do u or do u not use/have widescreen? - possible ws support for Retro skin
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I have ws tv and use it in xbmc
0%
I have but don't use ws in xbmc
0%
I have but don't use ws in xbmc because of lacking skin support
0%
I don't have ws tv
0%
Total
0 vote(s)
0%
* You voted for this item.

Do you use / have widescreen?
this would be for pal tv's (sorry ntsc people, maybe later). just checking the public interest in adding ws support for the retro skin.
afaik there are no current skin that has 'real' ws support? my general feeling is that my tv has a lot more overscan in ws mode than in 4:3 mode. i.e. i loose a lot of precious pixels in the gui. (i use ws when i watch movies though)
feel free to comment as well...

/floink
well i randomly switch my xbox between pal ad ntsc (don't even know what it is set to now) and its set to ws for both modes. and the strange thing is, that i never understood ppl complaining about the alignment of the skins in different modes.
they always look perfect to me, no matter what video mode my xbox/tv is running on.

maybe i am just lucky enough to have a tv with overscan adjustment.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i tweaked retro so now it fits my sony 32" ws fine...
i'd like to see some sort of support for ws in ui/skins.
my elcheapo sharp 32" ws tv has bigger overscan only in sides when using 16:9 mode. in pal60 i have to calibrate over sides because of pincushion distortion. heres my overscan data from xbmc (calibrated with black picture=smallest overscan):
pal 4:3   21,21 - 25,3       pal60 4:3  21,17 - 26,12
pal 16:9  29,21 - 24,4      pal60 16:9 29,17 - 24,13
using pal xbox v1.1 (connexant tv-out chip) with s-video cable.

i tried to find some info on overscan standard. some info here. the page speaks mainly ntsc pics, but the picture of 16:9 overscan standard is from ebu specs (european=pal).
it mentions that action safe overscan is about 25 pixels, and the graphics safe (buttons, text) overscan is 70 pixels.
Asus P5N7A-VM|Win7 32bit|Intel C2D E8400|2GB|integrated nVidia 9300-HDMI|Integrated Audio-Optical SPDIF| 50" plasma 3DTV (Samsung PS50C7705)
@Hullebulle
congrats! Image
@ktd
cool... read your other post to about it. did you just adjust sizes in the xml files or did you actually resize gfx too?
@nanite1000
thx for info, your settings seem to almost match the stated overscan recomendation for the 16:9 "action safe area".

i believe one thing that would make ws mode more useful and just not better looking, is a font compressed on the width. this might make it possible to ad more information and make buttons and texts look 'better'.
while we're on the subject of skins and widescreen. as the position of the page counter is in the wrong spot on most skins for 16:9, until the code is fixed, does anyone know which .xml file i can adjust to manually move the page couter icon down to the lower right where it should be?
references.xml

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do you use / have widescreen?0