Best way to do a mass refresh??
Hi,

I update meta data, say via Ember, for a bunch of movies, what is the best way to get the updated information to display in my library? Do I really need to do a manual refresh on each movie changed?

I guess I could remove the source and re-add, but that sounds like a bit of a work-around.

Thanks.
Either refresh each movie individually or remove your sources from the library and rescan them.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
okay. thx.

Would be nice if the update library option would re-read the nfo. Or maybe a 'deep' update library option.
I agree, if you rescan the library it should re-read the nfo.
Okay, so it looks like another option is to use something like XWMM which updates the database directly, so no need to do a refresh or rescan or anything.

One question though, if I have my nfo files for each movie (which was used for the initial load of movies into xbmc), and then I go upate the database directly, obviously the nfo file does not get updated.

If I do an export to individual files, i should be good right? I assume it would overwrite my existing nfo file with one that contains the updated data?
Can anyone shed some more light onto this please?
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
there is a module for ember that is suppose to do this, but i can't get it working correctly
--
Hi.. any updates on thisHuh Currently using the 'themoviedb' as my scrapper and found the option, 'Use IMDB for Ratings'!... turned it on and realized that I had to refresh each individual movie... any mass refresh solutions out there?
Hate to add a "me too" message, but I'm in a similar situation. I started my movie collection without knowing anything about meta data so every movie was one file in a big "Movies" folder.

Now it's grown up with all kinds of meta data. I still notice issues so I clean them up with ember which is fantastic. But I periodically have to delete my sources and re-add them to do a complete re-scan so I can pick up my changes.

I've looked into XWMM, but like you, I'm not sure if "exporting library" will push the changes back to my .nfo files. And since I spent so much time on the .nfo files I don't want to chance it.
I still think this option should exist, very userful imho.

For instance, I download a movie and then I scan xbmc's library when I'm down in my couch, and then, maybe a couple of days later i want to "fix" the movie by adding a nice fanart and another poster than XBMC's downloaded, doing this for every movie is a bit tedious.

Cheers!
I agree, would love to see this.
On your source (Movies, TV shows) in file mode select Change Content and set content to None but don't clean the library out. Select Change Content again and set it back to Movies, TV shows, Music Videos. This should do a refresh of all movies located in that source.

That's what I do if I have to make changes to a large group of movies instead of going to the menu for each movie and clicking regresh
(2012-09-26, 08:34)ThY91 Wrote: On your source (Movies, TV shows) in file mode select Change Content and set content to None but don't clean the library out. Select Change Content again and set it back to Movies, TV shows, Music Videos. This should do a refresh of all movies located in that source.

That's what I do if I have to make changes to a large group of movies instead of going to the menu for each movie and clicking regresh

Will defenitely try that, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to do a mass refresh??0