[appletv]starting openvpn from within xbmc
I have a script that starts openvpn from within xbmc. It is a pythonscript. It manages to start openvpn but it seems to immediately stop again. Anyone know why this might be?

Cheers

Matthew
Sorry, I can't see your xbmc.log from my desk. Could you move it closer ?
Sorry long time getting back been on my hols. I don't think this is a problem with XBMC necessarily. Having looked at the logs the script gets called and the programme does start I checked this by doing a ps -ax and openvpn is there. A minute later I run the ps -ax again and it has gone. If I run the command I use in the python script on the commandline it starts no problem. Saying that I will get a copy of the log. I think it is more a permissions thing as openvpn needs to start using sudo.
My friend is sending me his aTV 1Gen from LA to test and I am doing some preliminary investigating how to get an OpenVPN client setup and started when XBMC is started.

Thanks for your work, and if you could share the script I would appreciate it.
Big Grin
1 Original XBOX XBMC with every game under the sun
3 Raspberry Pi's w/ Openelec Kodi shared MySQL db
1 Win7 Kodi hosting shared MySQL and media
1 Mythbuntu backend v.27 and HD Homerun Prime 3 tuners
here's a copy of my script - it's not much
Code:
import os
os.system('sudo /Users/frontrow/Library/openvpn/openvpnOSX --config /Users/frontrow/Library/openvpn/Overplay\ -\ US-West.conf &')

as I say it starts openvpn then after about a minute it stops. Running the same command from the command line it's fine/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[appletv]starting openvpn from within xbmc0