Changes to skinning engine for Eden (and beyond)
I missed that one as well.

Cheers.
Jeroen Wrote:Rollback button added to DialogAddonInfo.xml
Not sure when it was added, just noticed it today. ID=11, string=24048

@all
If you happen to think that label "Versions" would be more suitable for non technical users I made a ticket here.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

i think we need to start a heads-up thread after eden, where we collect all changes to the skinning engine.

i usually check git commits daily and update the skinning pages on the wiki as needed, might as well post the info in a thread here as well.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:...might as well post the info in a thread here as well.

I would be grateful. I'm out of town occasionally and it is easy to overlook change so I'm thankful for one_place_reminder to help me add missing things.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Skin.String(string) Returns whether the skin string (set via Skin.SetString, Skin.SetPath, or Skin.SetImage) is non-empty.

was changed to IsEmpty(Skin.String(string)). Don't know if it applies to paths and images.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hello! Real noob in skinning right now, but I have this little project of updating to Eden the skin made by igotdvds "Shade".

To make the skin Eden "certified", do I need to do all the things listed in the 1st post and "that's it"?
(2012-03-14, 19:47)Balinus Wrote: Hello! Real noob in skinning right now, but I have this little project of updating to Eden the skin made by igotdvds "Shade".

To make the skin Eden "certified", do I need to do all the things listed in the 1st post and "that's it"?

heh, no you don't need to do all of that and maybe you need to do some things that aren't listed.
basically, identify the parts that are currently broken and fix those.

point 1.1 (ignore the music bit, that hasn't been implemented yet) and 1.3 you should look into though.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-03-14, 19:52)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 19:47)Balinus Wrote: Hello! Real noob in skinning right now, but I have this little project of updating to Eden the skin made by igotdvds "Shade".

heh, no you don't need to do all of that and maybe you need to do some things that aren't listed.
basically, identify the parts that are currently broken and fix those.

point 1.1 (ignore the music bit, that hasn't been implemented yet) and 1.3 you should look into though.

ah! Thanks! This reduce a lot of the upcoming work... Smile

i'll look into point 1.1 and 1.3 then! Thanks again.
Not sure if this was intended as a request thread, but I see a lot of em... so here goes Smile

Is there a way to add a "hook" into the XBMC core, so a single command could be used to play a trailer? This would allow a button mapped on a remote control to play a trailer for the selected title with just a simple press. As it stands right now, the only way to do it is with skin commands, then a button on the screen is pressed.

I had been doing this a really dirty way, by using event Ghost to press i (Info) then a [cursor down] then then [enter]. Like I said, dirty code to say the least. I have moved away from using Event Ghost, with the new MCE remote commands built right in.

------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2012-07-07, 09:25)JohnWPB Wrote: Not sure if this was intended as a request thread, but I see a lot of em... so here goes Smile

Is there a way to add a "hook" into the XBMC core, so a single command could be used to play a trailer? This would allow a button mapped on a remote control to play a trailer for the selected title with just a simple press. As it stands right now, the only way to do it is with skin commands, then a button on the screen is pressed.

I had been doing this a really dirty way, by using event Ghost to press i (Info) then a [cursor down] then then [enter]. Like I said, dirty code to say the least. I have moved away from using Event Ghost, with the new MCE remote commands built right in.

yes, put PlayMedia($ESCINFO[ListItem.Trailer]) into your keymap. wrong thread though..
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-07-07, 09:43)phil65 Wrote: yes, put PlayMedia($ESCINFO[ListItem.Trailer]) into your keymap. wrong thread though..

@phil65: First, thanks for the help, second, sorry for the wrong thread, but may as well try to finish it up here and keep it in one place at least.

I tried the line you provided above, and something in the syntax or something is not working. I am using my debugging .xml for testing:

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5>
            <F6>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugGrid)</F6>
            <F7>Skin.ToggleSetting(HideDebugInfo)</F7>
            <F8>Notification(Test Message:,Dialog Box Test)</F8>
       [b]<F3>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[ListItem.Trailer])</F3>[/b]
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

When I press F8, I get my test message. When I go into "Movies", and hi-lite a movie in the list with a trailer, and press F3, nothing happens.

I also tried a couple variations on syntax, and code in the skins:

<F3>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer])</F3>
<F3>PlayMedia(&quot;$INFO[ListItem.Trailer]&quot;,1)</F3>

Still nothing..... Any other suggestions?

------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changes to skinning engine for Eden (and beyond)1