[AppleTV1] CrystalHD overheating?!
Question 
Hey everyone -

I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble watching HD movies with their AppleTV1 and a CrystalHD card? When watching any MKV file after a certain amount of time my AppleTV1 reboots itself, making it impossible to complete watching anything in HD.

It's extremely hot to the touch when it reboots, so I'm assuming it has gotten too hot and reset itself. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Normal XVID files work just fine Nerd

I've had this issue in every version of XBMC, but I'm running Dharma stable. Previously when mkv decoding wasn't that stable I was *lucky* enough to have XBMC to crash before it would restart.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this - and if anyone experiencing this problem solved it?

regards,

Kasper
I had similar problems quite a while ago, got rid of my crystalhd bcm970012 card and got a bcm970015 and no further problems.
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:
Thanks for your reply Smile

To try and diagnose the problem, I've split my AppleTV1 apart to allow it to stand out in the open, and now it doesn't reboot - I have touched the CrystalHD card and it is EXTREMELY hot to the touch, so this is probably what is causing it to overheat, as well as the fact that the fan doesn't seem to be moving any air.

And you are right, I have a BCM970012 card, so maybe someday I'll try out a 015 card, for now this will have to do.

Kasper

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV1] CrystalHD overheating?!0