Scan for new content / update library
Is there a different function for scan for new content?

I have set up an update library button on my Harmony remote which calls "XBMC.update library(video)", but sometimes when I use this function it doesn't find everything. For instance, I deleted a source and added a new location for TV shows. It had to rebuild the database but I closed it out before it could finish. When I got back on and hit update, it found nothing.

Then I go into file view, click on my TV Shows source and click "scan for new content" and it finds files it wouldn't find before.

So I'm assuming the two functions are different, and I'm curious what function "scan for new content" calls.
I have this exact same problem, and is wondering if anybody knows a solution?

My problem is the Music Videos isnt updating with the rest of the system, or if i choose "update Library". I have to go to the music video folder, and then hit "scan for new content" before it finds any new music videos. Anybody any ideas?
I'd guess that when you select the Scan for new content it calls the same UpdateLibrary function, but passes the source as the second argument.

JR
I had this issue last night and it really got me ticked off.

I put the newest episode of House in the folder, and started up the HTPC and it auto-runs the update library thing. It never found it.

I rescanned and rescanned until I decided to find a mouse and right click the season folder and found the "Scan for new content" option and that worked.

Please, can anyone explain how to fix this? I was ready to dump XBMC over it.
update library use hashes of the dirs, and if those have not changed, the scan is skipped.
scan for new content ignores the hash and runs a full scan no matter. somehow your hash must have been updated, without it actually performing scans for the new items.
I'm experiencing the same behavior as well. My directory structure on a smb (unraid) server is as follows:

Code:
--movies
    --SD
       --movie 1
    --HD
       --movie 2
Assuming a hash is stored in mysql for the top level directory, would it be possible to alter the hash in this way we would force a change right before updating the library?

I run a cron job that updates the library using the update library function sent through the xbmc-send command. Is there some way to send scan new content via xbmc-send or any other alternatives?
joelones Wrote:I'm experiencing the same behavior as well. My directory structure on a smb (unraid) server is as follows:

Code:
--movies
    --SD
       --movie 1
    --HD
       --movie 2
Assuming a hash is stored in mysql for the top level directory, would it be possible to alter the hash in this way we would force a change right before updating the library?

I run a cron job that updates the library using the update library function sent through the xbmc-send command. Is there some way to send scan new content via xbmc-send or any other alternatives?
Instead of adding the "movies" folder as your source, set up a new multi-source named "movies" that has both the "SD" and "HD" folders in it. Then the hash's will work as expected.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Typ...2F_targets
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan for new content / update library0