XBMC on AppleTV 1
Hello people, new here....

I have recently purchased a 1st gen. ATV and have managed to install the ATV Flash file so that I can have XBMC running. I am totaly new to XBMC and am very curious as to the features that it offers.

I have tried fooling around with it on screen, but find it confusing.
What I would like to know is what are its limits for use on the ATV?
Can I use it for watching movies on an external hard drive that I have plugged into the ATV?

Also, I see many different things offered on screen, but am not sure how to use them. Is it possible for me to watch movies/tv shows streaming from the internet with XBMC.

I apologize if this has been answered, but I have read many post but cant find straoight answers.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks
giovanni Wrote:Hello people, new here....

I have recently purchased a 1st gen. ATV and have managed to install the ATV Flash file so that I can have XBMC running. I am totaly new to XBMC and am very curious as to the features that it offers.

I have tried fooling around with it on screen, but find it confusing.
What I would like to know is what are its limits for use on the ATV?
Can I use it for watching movies on an external hard drive that I have plugged into the ATV?

Also, I see many different things offered on screen, but am not sure how to use them. Is it possible for me to watch movies/tv shows streaming from the internet with XBMC.

I apologize if this has been answered, but I have read many post but cant find straoight answers.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks

Hi giovanni and welcome to XBMC,

I am using my AppleTV (1st gen) to watch Movies & TV Shows over ethernet from a 2tb external hard drive that is connected to my main home PC.

The external drive works fine plugged directly into the appletv, but having it connected via ethernet allows me to watch movies from either device and also makes it easier when ripping my DVDs directly to the drive.

The functionality of xbmc on the appletv is very similar to that of the PC (although a little slower when navigating the various screens).
I thank you for the reply....

When you say you are watching movies over the internet, are you streaming from a specific website, or do you have them stored on your 1tb hard drive?

I have not found a way to visit sites with movies ot TV Shows.

Also, in what section of XBMC will I find the use of my external hard drive?
I have searched through the different sections and cannot find it.
I'm watching movies over ethernet, not internet.
All my movies & TV Shows are stored on the external drive that is connected to my main PC.
I have an ethernet cable running from my router into the back of the AppleTV.

I'll have a look today & let you know where to locate the external drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on AppleTV 10