• 2(current)
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)
Star 
V1.1.8 a lot of Canadian content... wonder if this would be enough to get the CRTC off our tails. Some didn't work.. (error of a script failure) and others flashed something..(too quick to see) I tried most categories... and tried to get a pastebin up but it was simply too large.. I'll see if I can split it on two pieces.

http://pastebin.com/uswQRxVc
http://pastebin.com/fES33kLC

enjoy.
PatK Wrote:V1.1.8 a lot of Canadian content... wonder if this would be enough to get the CRTC off our tails. Some didn't work.. (error of a script failure) and others flashed something..(too quick to see) I tried most categories... and tried to get a pastebin up but it was simply too large.. I'll see if I can split it on two pieces.

http://pastebin.com/uswQRxVc
http://pastebin.com/fES33kLC

enjoy.

Try 1.1.10 Currently in the repositories as of a couple hours ago. (you might need to force refresh or something) it seems to be working flawlessly for me.
Star 
andre_pl Wrote:Try 1.1.10 Currently in the repositories as of a couple hours ago. (you might need to force refresh or something) it seems to be working flawlessly for me.
You're right it's flawless... Smile
jmarshall Wrote:@andre_pl: I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but the tvnz plugin (available in the official repo) assembles a stack:// URL to play a bunch of portions of the entire episode seamlessly.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Unfortunately its not going to work here. Sad
TVNZ Doesn't use any sort of auth-token so the url's never expire. CTV's urls use an auth token that expires very quickly, so my plugin needs to use setResolvedUrl() to allow for "just-in-time" url resolving of each clip. There currently doesn't seem to be any way at all to make it work aside from manually queuing the clips. Sad
I could be wrong as I've never viewed the code

But I believe bluecop's South Park addon puts multiple clips together and plays them seamless - at least appears to do so as when a commercial break would normally happen, the little working indicator appears and then video continues

Edit- just saw your post above, probably won't work due to the expiring url's
Rumour has it that the latest development version of XBMC can do the playlist stuff that we're looking for, but I haven't had any luck getting any plugins to work with it, they seem to have some python issues, or maybe I do, I dunno Tongue
Works great - thanks! Looking forward to getting CBC as I really enjoy Dragon's Den which is incredibly difficult to find for download....
This is awesome. Thanks!!!
Wondering.. are any video feeds from Discovery available online in HD?

And damn them, last night I watched an episode via the plugin from How the Universe Works, today it's gone from their list!
Star 
Eldorado Wrote:Wondering.. are any video feeds from Discovery available online in HD?

And damn them, last night I watched an episode via the plugin from How the Universe Works, today it's gone from their list!
I don't think any of the Canadian sites are streaming HD... too bad. I still have to rely on downloads together with streaming I'm hitting 10 gigs a day...
New version 1.2.0 available. Fixed a few bugs and added full support for live streams!!!!

You may run into some intermittent issues where a stream wont start right away and may require you to go 'back' a screen and try again. I really dont think this is an issue with the plugin, it seems XBMC just fails to open the stream once in a while, and there's nothing I can do about it.

As usual, please report any bugs or any streams that fail to play and include as much information as possible.

Enjoy!
andre_pl Wrote:New version 1.2.0 available. Fixed a few bugs and added full support for live streams!!!!

You may run into some intermittent issues where a stream wont start right away and may require you to go 'back' a screen and try again. I really dont think this is an issue with the plugin, it seems XBMC just fails to open the stream once in a while, and there's nothing I can do about it.

As usual, please report any bugs or any streams that fail to play and include as much information as possible.

Enjoy!

I just updated and the live curling worked great. Great work on this plugin in such a short amount of time.
First off, thanks for a great plugin, it's nice to finally get some Canadian content.

I have been experiencing problems with loading any videos from MuchMusic. It seems to stop at 'Opening Stream' and will eventually go back to the menu.

This has occurred with each of the last 2 versions, and the 1.2.0 update does not seem to help the problem. TSN and CTV seem to work fine.

I have tried opening Muchmusic videos on 2 systems, both running OS X, XBMC for Mac.

Here is the log file, hopefully it helps diagnose this issue, as it seems others in the thread have had similar problems.

http://pastebin.com/sErK4avC
@jasni

I had the same problem with that particular video and was able to get it to play by going back to the previous page, then forward again, and trying to play the clip again, it took 3 tries unfortunately, but the clip did play.

I realize it's annoying, but as far as I know, there's nothing I can do about this bug. I pass off the exact same stream url to XBMC every time, and it just fails to play once in a while, claiming the server isn't genuine adobe.

You can see this in your log file as it tries to open the stream:

Code:
WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9
WARNING: HandShake: Server not genuine Adobe!
ERROR: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.

Every time I've encountered this problem it was solved by going back/forward and trying again, sometimes it takes more than one retry. I'm still investigating to see if there's anything I can do, but I really believe this is an issue with XBMC's player and not the plugin.
Thanks for this addons, it was a shame none with Canadian content exist before.

It is probably right in fromt my nose, but after I updated yesterday the addoon, I wasn't able to find where the live streams are.
How do you browse to a stream using the addon?

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)2