• 12(current)
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version
thanks again!
I am having a bit of a problem now. Ive changed a few configurations like only getting 1080p changed default directory to download. and i believe thats all i changed...i put the program in my startup folder so it can come on when i turn comp on. Im pretty sure it was working fine for a while but now when it opens it immediatly disappears. i tried looking for it in taskmanger>processes but unless im over looking it i do not see it there...any ideas why it was instantly close? thanks!
Could you post the log file to past bin so I can look at it? HD-Trailers.Net was having a problem with the RSS feed earlier so that may be the cause.

Although unrealted to your problem, it may be better to run HD-Trailers,Net Downlaoder as a scheduled task. THat way you can have it run exactly when you want it to run.

Take Care
i do not mind having hdtrailer running the entire time my computer is on..its only on for several hours i do not leave it on all day or night unless doing something specific. and its random when i turn it on so if at all possible i would like it to just load when i turn the comp on...if thats something that can be done of course (= i am just going to do the last several days of the log since for a free account on pastebin its too much info...Pastebin I was having a lot of problems with their site. i hope it came through ok. if not let me know thanks!
HD-Trailer.net Downloader doesn't run continuously. When it runs, it checks the HD-Trailers.net RSS feed (or what ever feed you have configured as there are several) and downloads any trailers that meet the criteria and aren't in the exclusions list then it exits.

In your case, if you look at the log file, all of the trailers are in the exclusion list (i.e. thay have already been downlaoded) so they aren't downloaded again.There are switches in HD-Trailer.Net Downloader where similar trailers can be considered the same from an exclusions perspective.

Take Care
ahh i see thank you..can you tell me what a numbered trailer is? no luck on google...so lets say the program pulls up and it checks everything and it doesnt see the need to download any trailers..does it completely close or will it pop back up again on its own if it detects new trailer release?
Hd-Trailers.Net names trailers several different ways (Trailer, Theatrical Trailer, Trailer #1, etc).

When you run HD-Trailer.Net Downloader, it will run one time through the list of trailers in the feed you selected. Once it is done, the program closes. You need to run the program again when you want to check for Trailers. If you want to check on a periodic basis, the best way is to configure a scheduled task that runs HD-Trailers.Net Downloader on a schedule basis. I would recommend setting up the task to run daily.

alright good to know thanks again!!
Great work! I just installed this today and got it running. Took a little while to figure out where the .CONFIG file was, but its running and pulling in feeds. I read all 18 pages worth of posts in this thread and on an earlier post, it was mentioned that one day this application could one day scrape other movie sites.

Is that still something that might happen? I would love to be able to get movies from Apple's site, or maybe even point the program to a specific URL of a trailer I want and have it download that trailer.
Hd-Trailer.Net Downloader generally uses the HD-Trailers.Net site which catalogs trailers from many different sites (Apple, Yahoo, etc, unfortunately not YouTube). If the config file, you will see that HD-Trailer.net Downloader supports several other similar sites. A particularly good one is TrailerFreaks. Some of the sites even host foreign language trailers.

There is supposed to be a link to the config file in the start menu under HD-Trailer.Net Downloader.
Hi guys,

Been using Hd-Trailer.Net Downloader for some time now - grate little thing Smile

Is there a way to limit download speed?

Thanks
I hadn't thought about that. I just schedule it to run early morning when no one is around. No promises but I will look into it. A brief search seems tot indicate that there is an easy way to accomplish the goal.
Take Care
It is not a problem Smile

Important thing is that it works, speed is not so important.

I'll schedule it to run over night with my other downloads and that is it.

Thanks for replay and thanks for HDTNDownloader Wink
ijourneaux .. seems like the old issueis back.. its not pulling any mpaa rating.. not even the default when not found any ratings ..could you check please
Looking into this. It looks like IMDB changed their layout late November so the scraper is broken.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version3