[Apple TV2] Is this XBMC or not?
Hi Folks,

Another newbie question.

Much of the TV I watch is actually catch-up services which appear as flash video on the TV companies web sites.

I've been trying to get a browser on the jailbroken Apple TV2, by installing the package com.gmoran.navigator via nitoTV. I have been expecting it to appear in the XBMC program list.

I've got the odd feeling that I am mistaken and that navigator should appear somewhere else instead, but I have to admit to being completely new at this jailbreaking Apple thing.

If anyone can help me out of this situation, I'd be grateful.
Now I'm getting lost. It seems like I might need something called springboard in order to launch the applications that have gone in to the /applications directory, but I'm at a loss here.

I've even tried "Executor" under XBMC's programs, but I'm getting nowhere.
That has nothing to do with XBMC at all.

Once you have XBMC installed, the ONLY things we support are addons installed from within XBMC. Anything you install with NitoTV, or anything else outside of XBMC is likely designed for the ATV directly, not for XBMC.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi Jonathan ,

Many thanks for setting me straight. It looks like I need to find some form of launcher for the things I install via cydia.

Apologies for being a newbie at this.

Michelle.
The ATV2 does not support iOS apps, there's no SpringBoard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV2] Is this XBMC or not?0