• 13(current)
some E350/HD 6310 results - AMD Zacate on MSI E350IA-E45
Yea I started this whole thread actually Big Grin But I've since swapped it out for another system, I tend to go through these things pretty quickly in an effort to build my ultimate HTPC :p

The only issues I had with sleep mode were related to the SSD as there is a bug apparently that effects certain Sandforce based drives. But ensure the bios is configured to allow USB or LAN devices to wake the system, if these are not enabled then then your remote will be useless in trying to wake the system. Are you having any specific problems?
i think its not driver related , maybe try to update the bios to the newest build ( check on msi site )

1st Htpc : LC-power LC1360MI case with MSI E350IA-E45 , 2x2gb patriot , 2tb samsung eco
2nd Htpc : same as above except ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe
I can put the pc into sleep, but when I try and wake it up, the fans and HD fire up, but I don't get a display.

I have filled with the power profile, disabled hibernate, enabled what I think are the correct settings in the BIOS and nothing.

WOL is also not working, but I want to get one thing working before moving onto something else.

My BIOS is 1.4 and there is another one out, 1.5, but that says it has something to do with M-Flash module. The link is here

It would be great to see someone elses settings regarding sleep so I can compare.

My MSI notebook (CR620) sleeps and wakes up without a hitch.
There is something screwy with the MSI E350IA board. 80% to 90% of the time it will resume from sleep with USB device without a problem. However, once in a while, it will not resume. Even if you turn it off and turn the power back on, the fan will start up, but no video signal is sent to the monitor/tv and you only get black screen. The power cable needs to be unplugged and plugged back into the motherboard for the computer to bootup again.

I wish MSI would fix the wake-up issues on this board as this is one of the most important features in an itx motherboard meant for HTPC systems.
getafix Wrote:I can put the pc into sleep, but when I try and wake it up, the fans and HD fire up, but I don't get a display.
I don't know if this is your solution or not, but we've had a few Windows 7 machines w/ATI cards that would wake with no video. The problem has to do with the multi-head (i.e. multiple output) video cards. If the primary display is *not* screen #1, this problem could come up. If you had a second display connected (e.g. to the VGA port that you're likely not using), you might see that screen is active, but useless since screen #2 is primary.

We can simply swap the physical connections, since we're running dual DVI cards here at work, and then make screen 1 primary within Windows. However, I have done it through Catalyst Control Center and I *think* you may just have to make sure all other outputs are disabled. Once you do that, if HDMI is the last one still enabled, it should become screen #1 by default. You can enable other outputs after that, and HDMI should remain screen #1. That's my recollection anyway and I can't find the info I discovered to fix it in the first place.

My own work PC was doing it every time I used Remote Desktop to connect to it (which I do often, since I'm a Network Admin.)
I have only one hdmi connection so that's not the case. Also, after turning off and turning back on the computer, my kill-a-watt reads a constant 18 volts, which means it's not booting up. Normally the voltage reading fluctuates during startup and would stabilize to 12volts after getting into windows 7.
jacky89 Wrote:There is something screwy with the MSI E350IA board. 80% to 90% of the time it will resume from sleep with USB device without a problem. However, once in a while, it will not resume. Even if you turn it off and turn the power back on, the fan will start up, but no video signal is sent to the monitor/tv and you only get black screen. The power cable needs to be unplugged and plugged back into the motherboard for the computer to bootup again.

I wish MSI would fix the wake-up issues on this board as this is one of the most important features in an itx motherboard meant for HTPC systems.

I agree. Sleep and wake up is crucial for a complete ITX experience (for me at least)

I am going to try another power supply. I also have one 2gb 1333mhz RAM stick which I am not sure is supported by this mobo - maybe that's the problem.
getafix Wrote:I agree. Sleep and wake up is crucial for a complete ITX experience (for me at least)

I am going to try another power supply. I also have one 2gb 1333mhz RAM stick which I am not sure is supported by this mobo - maybe that's the problem.

Getafix,

I'm using a 2gb stick of G.Skill ECO 1.35 Volt DDR3-1333. I went to the bios and set it to 800mhz instead of auto. So far, resume from sleep seems to be working fine, but I can't tell for sure because the problem occurs only every once in a while. Please report back if this setting fixed your resume from s3 problems.

As a side note, I was previously using a Corsair 1gb stick and didn't experience any problems with resume from sleep.

Getafix,

Can you post your hardware setup including power supply. The MSI tech says the board requires a 450 watt psu for the wake from sleep to work properly.
I also have this board and use it in combination with a OCZ vertex 2 50 gb and a samsung 2t hd. The ssd is for booting windows 7 and xbmc. I set my bios to ahci. Yet I expected more speed at booting up w7 and xbmc.

What drivers and settings are other w7+ssd+zacateboard combination users using?
jacky89 Wrote:Getafix,

I'm using a 2gb stick of G.Skill ECO 1.35 Volt DDR3-1333. I went to the bios and set it to 800mhz instead of auto. So far, resume from sleep seems to be working fine, but I can't tell for sure because the problem occurs only every once in a while. Please report back if this setting fixed your resume from s3 problems.

As a side note, I was previously using a Corsair 1gb stick and didn't experience any problems with resume from sleep.

Getafix,

Can you post your hardware setup including power supply. The MSI tech says the board requires a 450 watt psu for the wake from sleep to work properly.

Thanks for the reply

I will try the RAM setting in the BIOS, but what caught my attention is the powersupply recomendation. I am using a 350watt, but I also read on the website that you shouldn't use more than a 500watt. That doesn't leave too much grace between 450 and 500watts.
OK, some feedback.

Changing the RAM to 800 didn't do anything. I think that I must reset my BIOS as I have changed many things as well as try a different power supply.

A project for the weekend
honestly I don't see how they could recommend a 450w powersupply be used with an 18w platform, designed specifically to be low power. Their own manual makes no such recommendation, and their test report only verified memory modules. So I think this is probably a case of them saying "we can't help ya" without actually saying it :p

In all likelihood its going to be either an issue with the bios, windows, drivers, or what ever device you are using to try and wake it from sleep mode. If you are using an IR remote, have you tried waking it with either a keyboard/mouse? That could at least rule out your IR receiver being the issue...
I have the msi e350ia-e45 board as well. Running win7 64bit connected on a samsung series 550 lcd tv via hdmi. This is my first build and i really don't know what i'm doing and i need some help. There is some re-sizing issue going on making the display look kinda blurry. I'm also having issues playing h264 1080p movies. It's choppy and just unwatchable. I tried playing 720 files to a better result but it still jumps and stutter in some parts. How do i fix this problems?
enable DXVA2 in the video tab in system

1st Htpc : LC-power LC1360MI case with MSI E350IA-E45 , 2x2gb patriot , 2tb samsung eco
2nd Htpc : same as above except ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe
Ok, popped in a 500watt power supply and S3 resumed first shot. So it must be a power issue. Crazy if you ask me.

Now just to work out how to get my HDMi sound to work after resume from S3

Also, I now have an audio problem playing certain movies. I will try and narrow down the problem before asking for help.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
some E350/HD 6310 results - AMD Zacate on MSI E350IA-E452