How do I upgrade with out reinstalling?
How do I upgrade live CD with out doing a complete reinstall? I do not want to loss my database... ?
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
I'm also never quite sure how this should be achieved either and would like to know the answer as well.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
@darkscout

What if we have issues with 10.1 and wish to downgrade back to 10.0. Any instructions on how to do this?
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
vbat99 Wrote:@darkscout

What if we have issues with 10.1 and wish to downgrade back to 10.0. Any instructions on how to do this?

This is also a good question?? It would be nice if you could upgrade and roll-back from the GUI when running a linux xbmc appliance. Would make keeping up with all the latest stuff just so much easier.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Well, 10.0 isn't in the ppa archives any more. So there's no way to roll back other than grabbing an old version of the .deb

Code:
apt-cache policy xbmc
xbmc:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2:10.1~ppa1~lucid
  Version table:
     2:10.1~ppa1~lucid 0
        600 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:Well, 10.0 isn't in the ppa archives any more. So there's no way to roll back other than grabbing an old version of the .deb

Code:
apt-cache policy xbmc
xbmc:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2:10.1~ppa1~lucid
  Version table:
     2:10.1~ppa1~lucid 0
        600 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages

Yeah sorry...I missed your post.

It would great if the system could store your existing installation locally and then roll-back to that should the need arise.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I upgrade with out reinstalling?0