No library access after upgrading to 17 March nightly.
After upgrading to the latest ububtu nightly I no longer have access to the video library. My setup is as follows:

Ubuntu 10.10
xbmc pre-11 Eden 17 March 2011 git:unknown
mySQL server running on another ubuntu box
Thumbnails symbolic linked to a directory on same server.
video and music database on server with correct settings in advancesettings.xml
xbmc running with Confluence theme

Theme properly displays the names of all items in the library, but no thumbnails. If you attempt to play any item it will report that the item is not available and ask if you want it removed from the library.

Theme properly displays the names in Videos section (filenames) but does not display any thumbnails. If a movie is selected then it will play from last played position or the beginning properly.

If you attempt to scan for content, the scan returns immediately with no new results as if xbmc knows that all the items are already in the library. No amount of rebooting or reconfiguring or resetting or editing of the Sources makes any difference. XBMC still believes each of the Movies/Television/Music Video sources are set correctly.

Here is the last pastebin (2 parts because of size). I tried viewing library content, setting library content, playing a video file through file mode, updating content. There are a rash of errors with regard to the Thumbnail directory and some odd entries.

crashlog part 1
crashlog part 2
Another note, if I go from main menu to movie library more than a few times, I am dumped out into an openbox shell where all I can do is reboot.
You'll find the problem is your mysql db doesn't have the appropriate number of columns, likely because the index failed - depending on when you updated last there was an error there.

Take a nosy in your database and check what indicies are available - there should be one on column c22.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Jonathan,

I assume I am to look in xbmc_video at the "movies" table and look for info in column c22.

If so column c22 contains the actual path to the video source file and they are correctly displayed.

Did I mention that the 07 March build worked perfectly.

Bud
March 07 build did not have c22.

As I said, the problem is likely the missing index on c22. Check what version it is (idVersion in version table) as well.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK some progress, MySQL Workbench won't let me open version with the following error:

Code:
Error: `xbmc_video`.`version`: table data is not editable because there is no primary key defined for the table

but when I did deeper and view the 'movies' table property I see ixMovieBasePath is an INDEX and the column it uses is c22.

I should also have mentioned that this database was created with the release of Dharma and has survived upgrading to multiple version of nightlies.

I should also say that I have three boxes that exhibit the same issue so right now I am regressing one box to Dharma so my wife doesn't get mad. I will likely use a local db until we figure out what caused this.
Since I still use Ember to scrape rather than XBMC I have all the nfo files local to the media. If I need to dump the db and rebuild it I will.
This fixes the library issue, this will just add c22 to the movieview view. You must drop the existing view then run this script to recreate it:

Code:
CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`root`@`%` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW `xbmc_video`.`movieview` AS select `xbmc_video`.`movie`.`idMovie` AS `idMovie`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`idFile` AS `idFile`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c00` AS `c00`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c01` AS `c01`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c02` AS `c02`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c03` AS `c03`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c04` AS `c04`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c05` AS `c05`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c06` AS `c06`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c07` AS `c07`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c08` AS `c08`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c09` AS `c09`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c10` AS `c10`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c11` AS `c11`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c12` AS `c12`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c13` AS `c13`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c14` AS `c14`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c15` AS `c15`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c16` AS `c16`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c17` AS `c17`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c18` AS `c18`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c19` AS `c19`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c20` AS `c20`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c21` AS `c21`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c22` AS `c22`,`xbmc_video`.`files`.`strFilename` AS `strFileName`,`xbmc_video`.`path`.`strPath` AS `strPath`,`xbmc_video`.`files`.`playCount` AS `playCount`,`xbmc_video`.`files`.`lastPlayed` AS `lastPlayed` from ((`xbmc_video`.`movie` join `xbmc_video`.`files` on((`xbmc_video`.`files`.`idFile` = `xbmc_video`.`movie`.`idFile`))) join `xbmc_video`.`path` on((`xbmc_video`.`path`.`idPath` = `xbmc_video`.`files`.`idPath`)))
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Philmatic Wrote:This fixes the library issue, this will just add c22 to the movieview view. You must drop the existing view then run this script to recreate it:

Code:
CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`root`@`%` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW `xbmc_video`.`movieview` AS select `xbmc_video`.`movie`.`idMovie` AS `idMovie`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`idFile` AS `idFile`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c00` AS `c00`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c01` AS `c01`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c02` AS `c02`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c03` AS `c03`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c04` AS `c04`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c05` AS `c05`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c06` AS `c06`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c07` AS `c07`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c08` AS `c08`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c09` AS `c09`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c10` AS `c10`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c11` AS `c11`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c12` AS `c12`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c13` AS `c13`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c14` AS `c14`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c15` AS `c15`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c16` AS `c16`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c17` AS `c17`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c18` AS `c18`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c19` AS `c19`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c20` AS `c20`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c21` AS `c21`,`xbmc_video`.`movie`.`c22` AS `c22`,`xbmc_video`.`files`.`strFilename` AS `strFileName`,`xbmc_video`.`path`.`strPath` AS `strPath`,`xbmc_video`.`files`.`playCount` AS `playCount`,`xbmc_video`.`files`.`lastPlayed` AS `lastPlayed` from ((`xbmc_video`.`movie` join `xbmc_video`.`files` on((`xbmc_video`.`files`.`idFile` = `xbmc_video`.`movie`.`idFile`))) join `xbmc_video`.`path` on((`xbmc_video`.`path`.`idPath` = `xbmc_video`.`files`.`idPath`)))

Thanks will try this out. So the issue is the "movieview" and not the "movies" table?
WheresWaldo Wrote:Thanks will try this out. So the issue is the "movieview" and not the "movies" table?

In my case, the movie table had the c22 column, it just wasn't included in the view. Adding it resolved everything and now my library is fixed. I'm still having the VFS errors so my XBMC instance is still unusable, but this gets us half of the way there.
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Philmatic Wrote:In my case, the movie table had the c22 column, it just wasn't included in the view. Adding it resolved everything and now my library is fixed. I'm still having the VFS errors so my XBMC instance is still unusable, but this gets us half of the way there.

This worked to get the library access back although since I dropped the view and rebuilt it in MySQL Workbench I did have to drop the ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`root`@`%` SQL SECURITY DEFINER part of the command.
Just to clarify, you need to add c22 to each of the three views: movieview, episodeview and musicvideoview.

Copy/paste code fix here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=753598&postcount=7
Philmatic,

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction. I 'fixed' all the views, had to actually drop then recreate them instead of just being able to alter the views. Also had to drop the same section in all three commands in order to get it to work from MySQL Workbench.

WW
WheresWaldo Wrote:Philmatic,

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction. I 'fixed' all the views, had to actually drop then recreate them instead of just being able to alter the views. Also had to drop the same section in all three commands in order to get it to work from MySQL Workbench.

WW

It's probably because I logged into MySQL as root? Not sure why the discrepancy...
Philmatic Wrote:It's probably because I logged into MySQL as root? Not sure why the discrepancy...

I log in as xbmc, I figured out this morning that you were using root. Not sure why you set it up needing root login. I remember back to my db stuff that loggin in as root was not recommended. All my boxes access MySQL as user xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No library access after upgrading to 17 March nightly.0