• 49(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
Yep, very slow loading of fan arts. I built half an hour ago and it's still slow - so don't get your hopes up for the next nightly.

This issue was introduced a few days ago, but I cannot make out which commit is the problem here. I guess its about the locks or something... Anyone of the developers here who can comment on this?

EmKay
strange.....

So you are saying even before the newest nightly it became slow? They were loading fast with the last official but then I screwed up and deleted my library. I tried reloading the library but the scraping was broken which is why I updated to the nightly. Now my library is back intact but it is extremely slow.

I assumed it was because of the newest nightly. I appreciate all the work that goes into this for us!
Yes, this issue is there (in the git repository code from master) since a few days ago and still exists until now...

I build my own XBMC from trunk, so I noticed it a few days ago...
Memphiz Wrote:we need crashlog and syslog here please (follow the first link in my sig for getting the info on how to find them)

Crash Log:

http://pastebin.com/ZCh4TE0J

System Log:

http://pastebin.com/wziti1UF

Sorry about that, will be sure to include all 3 in the future.
thx ... its the same crash like the other 2 ... next build should fix...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm just curious if autorepeat and volume control are being worked on? Disregard if I'm not allowed to ask, I'm just wondering if they are actually in the plan for the ATV2 XBMC?
Memphiz Wrote:thx ... its the same crash like the other 2 ... next build should fix...

What about the stuttering, someone had mentioned it is caused by interlace, i always have it on for better image quality, if not i am stuck in 10.07 until this is resolved,

Regards,
Hi I have an iPad 2 and downloaded the latest semi-nighly build from 6 juli.
iOS: 4.3.3

I only have a recent xbmc.log there is no syslog and no crashlog. The movie starts to play and then quits. Other issue is that scrappers dont seem to work at all...I see the window and it is gone again.

xbmc.log:
http://pastebin.com/Lmdp9bEw
I am running 6-7-2011 nightly and still getting remote server errors on scraper - I thought a few posts said this was fixed?
ajerazzor Wrote:I am running 6-7-2011 nightly and still getting remote server errors on scraper - I thought a few posts said this was fixed?

I think it is fixed, if I'm not mistaken, but that's just in the source code... no builds have been created using the new code yet. I'm sure keith is working on it... maybe he'll have time over the weekend.
jd2157 Wrote:I think it is fixed, if I'm not mistaken, but that's just in the source code... no builds have been created using the new code yet. I'm sure keith is working on it... maybe he'll have time over the weekend.

Thanks that makes sense.

Does anyone else have problems playing AC3 audio? When I play an avi it shows the picture but the sound is a fast pulsing "buzz"

Its the only thing I havent been able to play in XBMC - yet Firecore player does....
Ive updated today my AppleTV, and now the library update works. Getting info for my movies from tvtb.. And doesnt freeze when update on start.

But, it crash more often now then before.. The crashes are random, sometimes when your browsing your movies, shows.. watch a trailer..

Will try to reinstall everything see if that helps..
AxxT Wrote:Ive updated today my AppleTV, and now the library update works. Getting info for my movies from tvtb.. And doesnt freeze when update on start.

But, it crash more often now then before.. The crashes are random, sometimes when your browsing your movies, shows.. watch a trailer..

Will try to reinstall everything see if that helps..

It won't help, wait for new build.
Captain Wrote:My (mp3) music playback stopped at 1 sec and crashed XBMC, BUT this workaround is easy and working!

The PAPlayer (default audio player) seems to cause the crash, but the DVDplayer plays the mp3's like a sharm!
You can just choose "Play using..." on any MP3 and select DVDplayer, but to fix it permanent just edit or create the advancedsettings.xml in you userdata folder and add:

Existing advancedsettings.xml add:
<audio>
[INDENT]<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
[/INDENT]
</audio>

Creating an advancedsettings.xml add:
<advancedsettings>

[INDENT]<audio>
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]</audio>
[/INDENT]

</advancedsettings>

Enjoy the music again...

Hello Captain,

thank you very much for this post - it works fine..

could you please help me where i can find advancedsettings.xml in my appletv ? i am in via ssh and the most closest location is /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

but there is no advancedsettings.xml file...

and another stupid question how can i do "right click" on the appletv remote control ? in case i want change play using.. at the moment i do it via iphone and XBNC controller

thanks in advanced
Captain Wrote:My (mp3) music playback stopped at 1 sec and crashed XBMC, BUT this workaround is easy and working!

The PAPlayer (default audio player) seems to cause the crash, but the DVDplayer plays the mp3's like a sharm!
You can just choose "Play using..." on any MP3 and select DVDplayer, but to fix it permanent just edit or create the advancedsettings.xml in you userdata folder and add:

Existing advancedsettings.xml add:
<audio>
[INDENT]<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
[/INDENT]
</audio>

Creating an advancedsettings.xml add:
<advancedsettings>

[INDENT]<audio>
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]</audio>
[/INDENT]

</advancedsettings>

Enjoy the music again...

Hello Captain,

thank you very much for this post - it works fine..

could you please help me where i can find advancedsettings.xml in my appletv ? i am in via ssh and the most closest location is /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

but there is no advancedsettings.xml file...

and another stupid question how can i do "right click" on the appletv remote control ? in case i want change play using.. at the moment i do it via iphone and XBNC controller

thanks in advance
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2