• 42(current)
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)
Thanks for your reply, teefer!

So, I may have found a solution -- I don't notice as much skipping since I lowered the resolution within XBMC itself all the way down to 640x480. This seems to have helped streaming videos considerably. Sometimes the simplest things can help! Smile

Hope this helps others!

To subsequent posters (passat and simplykaar), I wish I could help with issues you've posted. I wonder if it has to do with using a certain version of the plugin with a certain version of XBMC? I have Frodo 12.0 and the COD plugin from here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories
Some people have reported issues with the Canada on Demand plugin not working on Android, with the behaviour that clips would not start when being played. This issue is because of an outdated librtmp being shipped in the android xbmc apk. I've tested the librtmp version posted here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...count=1261 and it fixed the issue on a Nexus 4.

I've also created a repackaged Android apk with the updated librtmp which I posted here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14942665/xbmc-12...ibrtmp.apk
I'm not able to get anything to work on this plugin. I've tried several channels, all to no avail. I'm running Frodo on a Windows 64 Ultimate system. Oh, and if it matters, I'm in the U.S.
Here's my log:
http://old.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36759
Would someone mind taking a look to see what's wrong? It may well be something I did; I'm rather new to XBMC.
Thanks in advance!!!
You probably suffer from the same fate we (canadians) do when trying to watch US content.
In other words, you are "geo-locked". That means you can't watch canadian content from within the US, unless you setup some sort of VPN.
(2013-02-22, 23:47)alexcamp Wrote: You probably suffer from the same fate we (canadians) do when trying to watch US content.
In other words, you are "geo-locked". That means you can't watch Canadian content from within the US, unless you setup some sort of VPN.
Such might be the case but I can watch The National without a problem. Ditto for Canada AM on CTV.

On the other hand, when I try to watch an episode of The Fifth Estate, I do get the message "Note: This video is only available to view in Canada." Other shows I try to watch get me a spoken message saying "This content is currently unavailable."

Jim
Yeah, I believe some streaming channels are "geo-locked" as alex stated, yet some are probably region-free (for lack of a better word), as Jim's experience suggests.
Hi all.

Could someone add RDS for this addon. The new site is all html5 so maybe it's easier now. But i'm no coder Wink
I have tried this repo/addon but I cant find any local live channels like: CBC French (Radio Canada), CBC, TVA, CTV, Tele Quebec, V Tele (use be TQS), Global. Is any one know where can I find all theses live channels?
(2013-02-27, 15:28)uptown1982 Wrote: I have tried this repo/addon but I cant find any local live channels like: CBC French (Radio Canada), CBC, TVA, CTV, Tele Quebec, V Tele (use be TQS), Global. Is any one know where can I find all theses live channels?

Yeah, our broadcasters don't have live streams...
Regarding the CBC rewind/fast-forward issue: I downgraded to XBMC 11.0 (Windows), and the jerky playback issue seems to have disappeared! Posting this in case it helps others.

Thanks!
I'm having issues loading any of these streams including CTV and other stable channels. Every time I try to load a show it says "Could not load stream, check log file for details". Can anyone help me sort this out? I really want to get CTV and Global working for my wife.
I saw that error from time to time. I just keep clicking and eventually it works, but I don't know your configuration. Which version of XBMC are you using? Which OS?
Yeah I keep trying and no dice. I'm running Frodo on Windows 7.
CTV Local News no longer working for me. Directories coming up blank, only showing "Next Page" option.
Same here, been like this for a few weeks
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)11