• 22(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
ckergald Wrote:it is limited to 100, and I believe that limitation is part of the api in newznab / nzb.su

I got arround it by adding seasons for items that were returning more than 100 results, so it's like &rid=1111&season=2

Good idea. Your contribution made me come up with an other idea. Nzb.su lists all the tv shows in a database. What if we could make it to do the same as the IceLibrary plugin. Then the tv shows could be added to the library. Unfortunately I am not a coder. But it start with an idea right? Wink
I like the Idea, I'm not much of a coder either. Hopefully someone will pick up the idea and run with it.
With some polishing this plugin could be far more popular than icefilms. You'll notice all the channels and shows are listed in my segment of code, and I really think the way to do this would be to store it in a seperate file, maybee xml. Unfortunatly my python skills aren't up to the task.

I found the api code that restricts results to 100, and have tested on my private newznab site by changing this value to 300. works great for me.

in api.php, section case "tv":
Code:
        $limit = 100;
        if (isset($_GET["limit"]) && is_numeric($_GET["limit"]) && $_GET["limit"] < 100)
            $limit = $_GET["limit"];
Good to see this thread a bit alive again. I really liked the idea last month and created my own newznab server as well. I really hated the limits of nzb.su, but they are there for a reason off course

I created that one for the dutch community and did not really advertised it to keep it a bit "underground". It is all in dutch, but hey; It's the exact same as nzb.su so should not be a problem.

I will give it away here aswell. Limits are all increased to above 1000. If you need more, just let me know. You can use it to test around with what ever you want. Try to keep it a bit low profile Wink

http://www.j1nx.nl/newznab/www/ (Still need to put it under a subdomain)

Backlog is about to be ready, setting the retention to around a couple of years. It also import nzb's from the dutch usenet communities. They are lame and don't comply with naming rules, but I match strange filenames to proper namings stripped from the community websites.
j1nx Wrote:Good to see this thread a bit alive again. I really liked the idea last month and created my own newznab server as well. I really hated the limits of nzb.su, but they are there for a reason off course

I created that one for the dutch community and did not really advertised it to keep it a bit "underground". It is all in dutch, but hey; It's the exact same as nzb.su so should not be a problem.

I will give it away here aswell. Limits are all increased to above 1000. If you need more, just let me know. You can use it to test around with what ever you want. Try to keep it a bit low profile Wink

http://www.j1nx.nl/newznab/www/ (Still need to put it under a subdomain)

Backlog is about to be ready, setting the retention to around a couple of years. It also import nzb's from the dutch usenet communities. They are lame and don't comply with naming rules, but I match strange filenames to proper namings stripped from the community websites.

Yeah your awsome! I already grapped your link for backup and testing from tweakers.net a while back Wink It's also a great feature that you have added the spotnet database.

I hope that Popeye can find time to investigate the problems with some .mkv files then this plugin would all I ever need.
Zure Wrote:Great addition to the plugin! I managed to get it to work with nzb.su. Now I just need to find out how I can extend the number of items displayed. I think it's limited at 100.

What exactly needed changed? was it fairly easy? I want this TV shows section because it looks amazing. I just don't know how involved it is.
timgt Wrote:What exactly needed changed? was it fairly easy? I want this TV shows section because it looks amazing. I just don't know how involved it is.

as far as easy, was not very difficult I knew nothing of python just figured it out by reading through the code, however I do have experience in other programing languages. The only tricky part is it's teadious, each show listed is done in the code so for me to add a new show I first need to decide what channel I'm going to list it under, go to tvrage and do a search on the show to get it's rage ID, and a vist to tvdb for a poster. To use these modifications you will not need to worry about that but to make additions you would.

What Ive done was mostly just for my convienince and to make the family happy since our ip is banned from icefilms:mad:
It was more a proof of concept and hopefully someone with better coding skills will be able to make something truley special out of it.

OK so I have my nzb.su information in sickbeard and couch potoato so I've reached my api limit with them almost immediatly so I can't test this but I belive it should work. Anyone who want to try it here's the link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LP5Q53P1 Please let me know if it works.
This is a modification of Popeye's version 0.04
timgt Wrote:What exactly needed changed? was it fairly easy? I want this TV shows section because it looks amazing. I just don't know how involved it is.

If the solution from ckergald does not work, here is the code.

http://pastebin.com/PAEJqsF9

Just go to the plugin folder "plugin.video.nzbsu" open default.py with wordpad or something. Delete all the tekst and paste it from the above link.
ckergald Wrote:OK so I have my nzb.su information in sickbeard and couch potoato so I've reached my api limit with them almost immediatly .....

Use my server for your testing work, limit is set to 10000 for the moment.

Will test your version later today.
was able to test it today against nzb.su and it works properly.
OMG, i love you guys. Thanks so much for doing the hard work for me! You just made this plugin even more badass then it already was. If everyone knew about newsgroups, nobody would use icefilms. Why watch inferior quality videos when this existsHuh Doesn't make sense to me why everyone sweats that site.
timgt Wrote:OMG, i love you guys. Thanks so much for doing the hard work for me! You just made this plugin even more badass then it already was. If everyone knew about newsgroups, nobody would use icefilms. Why watch inferior quality videos when this existsHuh Doesn't make sense to me why everyone sweats that site.

if everyone knew about easynews.com (usenet provider) no one would bother connecting the plugin to superfluous external application like SabNZBd.

Easynews has a fully searchable index linked to already decoded binaries, so you have all the media files ready and streamable on http links. Unfortunately nobody showed interest to write an easynews plugin.
versus Wrote:if everyone knew about easynews.com (usenet provider) no one would bother connecting the plugin to superfluous external application like SabNZBd.

Easynews has a fully searchable index linked to already decoded binaries, so you have all the media files ready and streamable on http links. Unfortunately nobody showed interest to write an easynews plugin.

Im pretty sure most people use astraweb because of its retention being just as good as giganews and its price at 11 bucks a month.
All works good for me except when I click on x264 under movies. Then script error.

http://pastebin.com/pz9hB2Sn

All other catagories work fine.
Win7 x64 recent nightly. Portable mode. Plugin ver 0.0.11

Any clues in the log? Looks like the url failed?

Anyone else get a script error in movies, x264?
timgt Wrote:Im pretty sure most people use astraweb because of its retention being just as good as giganews and its price at 11 bucks a month.

Let's say you want to watch a 1080p movie that weights 12-16 GB. How long does it take you on other providers to start watching?

On easynews you use their global search, it returns a http link to ALREADY UNCOMPRESSED mkv movie, you click the link, buffer for a few secs, and off you go.

I am not affiliated with them in any way, I just use the service. Retention may be not good as others, but for me, with today's broadband, downloading is not an option. Neither is the use of complicated methods to achive streaming.

Easynews is much like Icefilms of usenet. Just as Icefilms - no need for on the fly decoding and uncompressing (SabNZBd). However, it has much broader choice of media. New releases, HD content, adult content...etc.

Ok, it is a paysite. But for any decently confortable method of streaming (megaupload premium) you need some kind of subscription. Not to mention paying for nzb indexing site and news provider separately.

I just can't understand why there are plugins for every minor site that offers some nondescript content, and there isn't for such a big shot site that could be, beside NAVI-X for older stuff and Sportdevil for live coverages, your only media plugin.
timgt Wrote:Im pretty sure most people use astraweb because of its retention being just as good as giganews and its price at 11 bucks a month.
As a matter of fact, you can get it as low as $8/month.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11