• 9(current)
Design Flaws / Missing Features
Like everybody else here, thanks for the nice skin!

Not sure if it's a bug but I don't have the current and remaining time with the info overlay during playback on the top left and right corners of the screen anymore. They now appear at the bottom under the time bar like they do with the skin Night.

Is there a way to have them back where they were?
Definol Wrote:Like everybody else here, thanks for the nice skin!

Not sure if it's a bug but I don't have the current and remaining time with the info overlay during playback on the top left and right corners of the screen anymore. They now appear at the bottom under the time bar like they do with the skin Night.

Is there a way to have them back where they were?

Yes and no. Make sure global time is enabled in Settings and you should see them on the top of the bottom bar. Smile

The info/seekbars are in flux at the moment and with all the time I spend on the skin this weekend, I never did get around to them...
-stoli-
d
Hi there!

1. bug:
When choosing a skin theme, the color doesn't change in -->video-osd-->sound-settings-->Volume.

2. usability:
The volume-bar doesn't give much feedback while holding the vol-button (bar de-/increases very slowly)

3. feature request:
A random/featured-movies option for the home-screen.

beside that, very nice skin!

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
when Wrote:I've posted several times about this and there seems to no good way to resolve it:

All my media is on USB external drives, and the Sources list for say, "Movies" consists of /mnt/usb0/movies, /mnt/usb2/movies, etc.

However, all of the USB drives also appear in the top level of Sources as individual drives and cannot be removed.

Thread references:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40793

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60366&page=2

try posting in relevant forums Smile I think this has nothing to do with the skin
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Hi there!

1. bug:
When choosing a skin theme, the color doesn't change in -->video-osd-->sound-settings-->Volume.

2. usability:
The volume-bar doesn't give much feedback while holding the vol-button (bar de-/increases very slowly)

3. feature request:
A random/featured-movies option for the home-screen.

beside that, very nice skin!

Cheers

1. Thanks - will get that.
2. It takes 3 seconds from mute to full volume, how much faster should it be?
3. Will not happen in the Dharma version. Maybe for Eden as that script is being integrated into xbmc.

Thanks again,
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Yes and no. Make sure global time is enabled in Settings and you should see them on the top of the bottom bar. Smile
It works fine now! Thanks!

I had the global clock enabled a few days ago but today it was disabled and I didn't change it myself. I guess a skin update reset it to its default value but isn't this kind of setting supposed to be saved between updates?

Not a big issue now that I know what to do but it's the first time I see a setting lose its value like that.
It shouldn't change unless the default behavior changes - and while I want to change the defaults for clock on weather, I haven't yet. So.... no idea why it would change.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:...
2. It takes 3 seconds from mute to full volume, how much faster should it be?

It takes ~6-7 seconds from Full Volume to Mute in my standard config.
The bar-response feels a lil bit sluggish for me, but on the other hand
I don't want to harm your overall design-philosophy Smile .

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
If I'm not mistaken, that's due to the repeat rate of your keyboard or remote then. I'll double check, but I don't recall there being any control over the <onclick> speed.
-stoli-
I'm using Win7 with the IRServerSuite (Standard MCE Remote).

These are my settings:

I am wondering if there are differences in the way your skin handles these keystrokes (compared to other skins).
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Skins have not control over keystrokes. My workstation here at the office takes two second on the volume from mute to max - timings are identical with Confluence. How long does it take 1) in Confluence and 2) with a keyboard?
-stoli-
Wonderful skin. I've only 3 suggestions, the first is that there doesn't seem to be a way to add a submenu to a custom playlist on the home screen. I would also like to be able to add a script to the homescreen without having to add it to the favorites. Finally It'd be nice if you could add a cinemaexperience home menu option (for those who have it installed) much like in the Aeon MQ2 skin.

EDIT: oh and is there any way to make it so the latest episode/movie widget doesn't display stuff marked as watched?
stoli Wrote:Skins have not control over keystrokes. My workstation here at the office takes two second on the volume from mute to max - timings are identical with Confluence. How long does it take 1) in Confluence and 2) with a keyboard?

Alright, it seems to be the behaviour of my settings because confluence produces the same timing and my keyboard seems to be significantly faster (maybe like your setting).

Seems to need some tweaking from my side. Smile

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Another suggestion. The Recently Added Movie thing with the posters is nice, I wonder if there's a way for you to allow us the option to choose how many movie posters it shows. Another thing is is there a way to make the scrolling through those latest movies look more natural, like you're sliding through them. The way it is now, is a bit jarring until you get used to it.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Design Flaws / Missing Features0