Just put together my first HTPC! Now I can't get XBMC Live to work....
I've got an ASRock 880G Micro ATX board, with an Athlon II X2 255 CPU and 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM.

Now, I've tried to install XBMC Live onto my flash drive, but it is not taking up the entire screen... I have a thin black box around XMBC live.. ALso, it doesn't seem to be able to run any of the movies.. It just goes black for a couple of seconds then comes back to the "videos" screen.. Help!!
Not sure about your windowed mode but your other problem could be from a weak graphics chip/card and/or faulty video driver.

Also maybe check this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Live

TC Smile
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
tcman47 Wrote:Not sure about your windowed mode but your other problem could be from a weak graphics chip/card and/or faulty video driver.

TC

Well I'm not too sure how to install a video driver on xbmc live.. So nothing has been updated. Also, I was told 880G chipsets are great for HTPCs. So I don't think they are weak enough not to be able to work..
update. Windowed mode taken care of. It either has to do with my monitor or hdmi cables, because I plugged it into my friends monitor with his hdmi cable and it looked fine. I am still having problems understanding how to put a driver onto this.. My instinct tells me that is the problem, but I have no way of installing it, since my OS is xbmc..
get your hands on an external dvd drive, I picked one up for around 35usd. It solved my install problem and its good to have around.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
We'll need a debug log to get any further. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File though I note that doesn't explain how to upload the log from a Live installation.

JR
Yeah. I ended up just installing Windows and having that run XBMC.. Is there a way to have xbmc start fullscreen at startup?
raiderxx Wrote:Yeah. I ended up just installing Windows and having that run XBMC.. Is there a way to have xbmc start fullscreen at startup?
Just put a shortcut in your startup-folder and modify that shortcut with the command-line parameter "-f" added.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

raiderxx Wrote:Yeah. I ended up just installing Windows and having that run XBMC.. Is there a way to have xbmc start fullscreen at startup?

As HenryFord suggests, I have the XBMC shortcut in my Startup folder. The "-f" argument doesn't do anything in Dharma, but XBMC will remember what state it was last in, and will start up in the same way. If necessary use the backslash key on the keyboard to switch it to full screen and it should then stay that way.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just put together my first HTPC! Now I can't get XBMC Live to work....0