• 51(current)
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins)
Spyder
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE EXAMPLE!! I am totally lost but SO want to use this. I am trying to make this work with Netflix. Would the path simply be netflix.com? How can I separate shows vs movies?

Finally, the instructions say I can put this anywhere, not on the machine running XBMC but how does that work? does that machine have to be running all the time then? I use XBMC Launcher when I start windows to auto start XBMC. Should I set the launcher to run this as well?
(2013-02-24, 16:41)bc320 Wrote: Spyder
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE EXAMPLE!! I am totally lost but SO want to use this. I am trying to make this work with Netflix. Would the path simply be netflix.com? How can I separate shows vs movies?

Finally, the instructions say I can put this anywhere, not on the machine running XBMC but how does that work? does that machine have to be running all the time then? I use XBMC Launcher when I start windows to auto start XBMC. Should I set the launcher to run this as well?
I don't have netflix, so I don't have a filter for that, I think there is one in the example xml file. You can also search this thread with "netflix". I don't know about running this remotely, I just run it on the same pc, XBMC does need to be running when you start this though. I don't use XBMC Launcher, but since you're running Windows, you can schedule this as a task(weekly?).
(2013-02-24, 23:42)spyder Wrote:

I don't have netflix, so I don't have a filter for that, I think there is one in the example xml file. You can also search this thread with "netflix". I don't know about running this remotely, I just run it on the same pc, XBMC does need to be running when you start this though. I don't use XBMC Launcher, but since you're running Windows, you can schedule this as a task(weekly?).

Hey spider, Thanks for the help. I am still at ground zero. Trying to get this up and running but I am running into some errors.

For some reason when I run the the cmnd...(with xbmc running) at the end it says "JSON Returned was not valid (attempt 2 of 3), will try again...Failed to POST to http://xbmc:xbmc@localhost:80/jsonrpc"

I think I made an error configuring somewhere.

I didn't edit any filters yet, I just went with the example ones provided for a test run, and got goose eggs. Here is my pastebin of the debugg info:

http://pastebin.com/bkttRMXC

On a side note; per the user guide I setup mySQL database. The user guide talks about inputting the path but the configuration notes don't mention it. But when you use mySQL does it make XBMC load extremely slow? Once I saved the advancesettings.xml it loads at a snails pace (at least a minute)

Can you assist me further?
(2013-02-25, 00:37)rossdret Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 23:42)spyder Wrote:

Hey spider, Thanks for the help. I am still at ground zero. Trying to get this up and running but I am running into some errors.

For some reason when I run the the cmnd...(with xbmc running) at the end it says "JSON Returned was not valid (attempt 2 of 3), will try again...Failed to POST to http://xbmc:xbmc@localhost:80/jsonrpc"

I think I made an error configuring somewhere.

I didn't edit any filters yet, I just went with the example ones provided for a test run, and got goose eggs. Here is my pastebin of the debugg info:

http://pastebin.com/bkttRMXC

On a side note; per the user guide I setup mySQL database. The user guide talks about inputting the path but the configuration notes don't mention it. But when you use mySQL does it make XBMC load extremely slow? Once I saved the advancesettings.xml it loads at a snails pace (at least a minute)

Can you assist me further?

Update: Turned the option to restart xbmc to "false" and the problem resolved itself. Seems xbmc wasn't restarting just turning off.

Next problem I have is that for some reason I can't use a smb network drive for my dropbox...it only works if I use a local one.
(2013-02-25, 01:50)rossdret Wrote: Next problem I have is that for some reason I can't use a smb network drive for my dropbox...it only works if I use a local one.
It should work if you map the smb folder as a network drive.
(2013-02-25, 02:22)spyder Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 01:50)rossdret Wrote: Next problem I have is that for some reason I can't use a smb network drive for my dropbox...it only works if I use a local one.
It should work if you map the smb folder as a network drive.

Hmm I do have it mapped as a network drive. No matter..I only currently use one PC for XBMC.

I am running into a more difficult problem ever since I started to edit filters. When I run the cmd it says it cannot find a valid xml file. I decided to just start fresh and re-write the whole thing but the same error came up.

Here is my Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/wdCrsjD8

Here is my XML file:
http://pastebin.com/qyYeTBYs
I am so confused. I have been trying to get anything to work.

What I have done so far. Note: I have XBMC up and running another computer.

-Edited config file to use the IP address of the XBMC machine for the webserver address. Putting this into a browser does bring up my library.
-Tried it with the port on 9090 and 80
-Copied the above filter for free cable

I am not sure what I am doing wrong and have no idea where to start looking.

I mapped the drive, but do now know how to create the address to find it in XBMC so I used a local address e:xxx\xxx\ E is the external HDD attached the computer that I want all the stuff to go into.

Debug file:
http://pastebin.com/5xNXvH9S

XML File;
http://pastebin.com/iHvFUUiC

Error File:
http://pastebin.com/wnHHwhcM
For your network drive did you still use this type of address: <streaming>\\ServerNameHere\shares\MyLibrary</streaming>
Sorry, I forgot to include the end tag for the filter
</FreeCable>
this will go the line below:</subfolder>

I will edit my post to fix this. Also a quick tip, if you double click the xml file(should open IE), it will give an error why it can't be displayed, if it is a working xml, you can read it just like a text file(in IE).

@bc320: It looks like the xml search filters are fine, although since you used somebody else's Free Cable filters it notes that there are 2 similar and only uses the first(All Shows), but it looks like the port and/or ip address are incorrect:
02/24/2013 08:09:21 PM ERROR Init... Failed to connect to JSON-RPC on TCP Port: 80
Your webserver port is the same as mine and I do this locally so that has to be wrong.
<XBMCWebServer>http://xbmc:xbmc@localhost:80</XBMCWebServer>
I'm not 100% sure how it's supposed to look(can't test), but I think if you change 'localhost' to the ip address of the pc running xbmc(192.168.x.xxx) it will work. Also make sure your port settings in XBMC are set to 80.
I used: e:\Misc Other\xbmc stuff\stream netflix\Dropbox

I got the </FreeCable>

I can read it. It opens just fine.
that did the trick spyder! Thanks your the man! Now I will start to mess around with the filters. That filter dump listed on the userguide didn't have anybody's examples or shared filters. It would be nice if some people created some useful filter examples for different addons and someone can pick and choose. If it is ever gonna get used I will gladly post mine when I get them refined. Anyways...thanks again spyder
@bc320: I started that post before you made yours, the '@bc320' was an edit I made after I posted and saw your post.

@rossdrret: Glad you got it working, I remember reading somewhere in this thread a 'filters database' was suggested, but I don't know what happened with that. I too would like this because I am having problems with using the 'generic' filter, which go past just getting the subfolders set up right.
I cannot believe nobody has asked this, but are we able to scan YouTube into our library?

For example, there are several channels I would like to "subscribe" to and have automatically scanned into my library, but it seems nobody has tried this!

Is this even possible?
Could someone lend me a hand in compiling this? I have com.bradvito.mylibrary, com.bradvito.db, and com.bradvito.util as separate packages in Netbeans, with all the .jar's in res added to Libraries under the same project, yet they have some weird inter dependency, especially with 'logger,' so I can't get anything to actually compile.Any tips? Thanks.
(2013-02-25, 19:09)sooth Wrote: I cannot believe nobody has asked this, but are we able to scan YouTube into our library?

For example, there are several channels I would like to "subscribe" to and have automatically scanned into my library, but it seems nobody has tried this!

Is this even possible?

Should be able to do it as "Generic", but I haven't tried. You will have to make your own XML files with the video info. Only videos that follow standard naming protocol and are found on thetvdb.com will work with "TV Shows".
Ok. I got some of this to work.
1st Thanks so much for setting this up and having patience with a noob.
2nd: I just ran it on the free cable app. I got a lot of tv shows, but I did notice some are missing. I am missing 2 from the ABC Family. They are not in my list of folders that was created. They are in the ABC family part of Free Cable
3: Can I do this will all of hulu? What about duplicates from free cable?
4: I ran this and it took all a LONG time. In fact, I went to bed before I got out of the B's. Next time will it take as long?
5: Can I set up multiple versions of this file? If it does take a very long time all the time, I want to create another version of this file that has only a few shows in it that I can have set up to run an specific days.
6: finally need to tackle netflix.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins)10