[Searching] keymap command to toggle / switch monitors
Hey guys,

I desperately need a command for the keymap.xml-file to switch from lcd1 to lcd2 and back. It is possible to change the setup manually, but i want to have a 1-click-solution for me remote.

I didnt find any command like this in the wiki...

Both lcds are connected to my pc.

Thanks in advance
i use UltraMon to save 2 profiles (1: monitor, 2: TV), first one triggered by CTRL+ALT+1, second one triggered by CTRL+ALT+2 (UltraMon hotkeys).
Then these two are mapped to my remote to easily switch between profiles.
And if you have ati cards, you can play with ccc presets.
@ piipes:

You have not said what remote your are using, but my method works with MCE remotes, I believe it can also work with other remotes if you can change what your remote button sends. I also presume you are using windows os! My solution is much neater than using multiple shortcuts btw :-)

Check out my thread, last post in the page "post number 440". I have initially written a script for myself to extend from display1 to display2 but then I shared it with other people after some one requested it. Anyways it does not matter what make your card is, if your are using "Nvidia or Ati" the script should work on both. I personally use ATI solution :-)

My script works with Autohotkey, you will have to assign one button in your remote to do the job, check the post for details. Please note that the script contains additional code to support the remote Green Start Button, if you want the monitor swapping code on its own let me know, I can help you with it.

EDIT: I meant to title this post to Teletobi and not piipes, lol

Cheers,
EG.
Hello guys!

Thanks a lot for for all your answers.

My setup:
  • I got a x10-usb-receiver and a logitech-harmony-remote.
  • I use eventghost to setup all the commands for various programs (XBMC, KMPlayer, VLC, Winamp).

i can change the screen of XBMC manually via
XBMC->system->system->video output->display mode

isnt there a single bind without any extra-program?

here's a link to my keymap.xml: http://pastebin.com/LQaDNj8L

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Searching] keymap command to toggle / switch monitors0