usb wake not working with usb dongle
Hi all,

I have just installed maverick minimal ( i386 ) + xmbc 10.1 + PS3 BD REMOTE using an usb dongle DLINK DBT-120 rev B4

All is working fine, and I am so glad to have switched to xbmc from my ugly LG. :-)
I am using a ZOTAC HD-ND22 mini pc and I have already enabled S3 ACPI in the bios.

I can shutdown, reboot, hibernate and suspend the machine.
Suspend does work fine, and I can wake the machine up using the WIRED usb keyboard.
I have followed the wiki guide to enable it and it was really really easy to do so.

The problem is now with the usb dongle + remote which looks like not capable of waking the pc up.

Done this bit:

echo "USB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
against all the usb interfaces and no problem I could see them enabled catting the above file afterwards.

But strangely enough, when I run the command

echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-4/power/wakeup

agains my device ( the usb dongle ) I get

echo: write error: Invalid argument

while if I do that against my wired usb keyboard it does work nicely.

Does that mean that my usb dongle is not capable of waking up the pc?
Can you suggest me any bluetooth usb dongle working on linux and capable of waking up a pc via usb?
Do you have an idea how to fix this? I know IR remotes + receiver work nicely but I would really like to use this device since I have already got this one.

Thanks in advance.

Tommaso
bump :-)
I think that what you want to do is not possible... For the bluetooth remote to work, there must be a bluetooth stack working in the computer, but if the computer is suspended/hibernated/whatever, there is no operating system and so, no bluetooth stack. The main problem is that bluetooth is always (AFAIK) loaded at operating system level, not BIOS level. You need another device to wake up the computer, I'm afraid. After that, the OS will start again and the BT stack will load and you could use the remote.

The PS3 remote is great, but I turned to an MCE one just because of this problem.
pko66 Wrote:I think that what you want to do is not possible... For the bluetooth remote to work, there must be a bluetooth stack working in the computer, but if the computer is suspended/hibernated/whatever, there is no operating system and so, no bluetooth stack. The main problem is that bluetooth is always (AFAIK) loaded at operating system level, not BIOS level. You need another device to wake up the computer, I'm afraid. After that, the OS will start again and the BT stack will load and you could use the remote.

The PS3 remote is great, but I turned to an MCE one just because of this problem.

Thanks mate, that's what I was thinking about :-( but was not so sure.
because I do not use it everyday i think i ll stick with the ps3 remote as running the htpc 24hrs per day might not be worth for me.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
usb wake not working with usb dongle0